According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Bronchodilators Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global bronchodilators market?exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Bronchodilators refer to a class of medications used for treating asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), allergic reactions, emphysema, and other breathing problems. These respiratory agents clear the mucus from the lungs, decrease airway resistance, and relax bronchial muscles to promote optimal airflow. Depending on the use, they are differentiated into short- and long-acting bronchodilators. They can be prescribed along with inhaled steroids, such as corticosteroids, to reduce inflammation and prevent asthma flare-ups.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Bronchodilators Market Trends
One of the key factors driving the global bronchodilators market is the rising prevalence of respiratory disorders due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In line with this, the increasing geriatric population, which is more susceptible to these ailments, is further facilitating the product adoption across the globe. Additionally, the rising pollution levels and increasing consumption of tobacco-based products are also accelerating the risks of contracting pulmonary diseases, which is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, manufacturers are consistently investing in research and development (R&D) activities to engineer novel drug administration systems and improve diagnostic modalities. They are also upgrading existing devices with advanced technologies to increase the absorption of the drug in the body, such as ultrasonic nebulizers, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the launch of several educational programs regarding disease prevention by governments of various nations is fueling the market growth. The rising healthcare expenditure and the increasing shift toward non-invasive treatment options are some of the other factors catalyzing the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the indication, the market is divided into asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and others.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been classified into sympathomimetics, anticholinergics, phosphodiesterase inhibitor, and combination drugs.
- Based on the route of administration, the market is segmented into oral, injection, and inhaler.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Vectura Group plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal