The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Global Brushless DC Motors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global brushless DC motors market size reached US$ 5.7 Billion in 2021. Brushless DC (BLDC) motors, or electronically commutated motors (ECMs), are powered by direct current (DC) through a switching power supply or an inverter. They are driven by a closed-loop controller that transforms the DC electric current into alternating current (AC). They also contain stators, rotors, sensors, and permanent magnets that offer high speed, power, and electronic control compared to their brushed counterparts. In addition, these motors are efficient, reliable, and durable, have longer lifespans, generate less noise, and require low energy and maintenance while offering maximum rotational force (torque). As a result, BLDC motors find extensive applications across automotive, electronics, aviation, healthcare, and industrial machinery industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Brushless DC Motors Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding automotive industry. This can also be attributed to the escalating demand for electric vehicles (EVs). In addition, the increasing focus on reducing the environmental footprint is accelerating the adoption of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), which is increasing the demand for BLDC motors across the globe. Moreover, the rising popularity of vehicles with advanced features, including adjustable mirrors, sunroof systems, and motorized seats, represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the emerging trend of high-tech electronics, such as mobility scooters, drones, and the launch of sensorless BLDC motors, is positively influencing the market growth. Along with this, the surging need for hospital care services due to the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak is accelerating the product adoption rate. Furthermore, the increasing utilization of BLDC motors to produce respirators, ventilators, hospital beds, wheelchairs, blood analyzers, personal protective equipment (PPE), and air filtration devices is creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.8 Billion by 2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into inner and outer rotor brushless DC motors.
- On the basis of the power rating, the market has been classified into 0-750 watts, 750 watts to 3 kW, 3kW-75 kW, and Above 75 kW.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segmented into industrial machinery, automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, aerospace and defense, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd., Allied Motion Technologies Inc., AMETEK Inc., Arc Systems Inc., Buhler Motor GmbH, The Faulhaber Group, Johnson Electric Holdings Limited, Maxon Motor AG, MinebeaMitsumi, Moog Inc., Nidec Corporation and Oriental Motor Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800