According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Calcined Anthracite Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global calcined anthracite market reached a value of US$ 3.38 Billion in 2021. Calcined anthracite is a naturally occurring hard coal that is rich in carbon content and represents one of the highest levels of non-metamorphic coalification. It is generally heat-treated and produced by annealing anthracite coal in a horizontal gas furnace at an extreme temperature. Anthracite calcination is widely used in basic oxygen steelmaking, electric arc furnaces, pulverized coal injection (PCI) and as an alternative to calcined oil coke in the production of ductile and grey irons. It is also used as a recarburizer in ladle and blast furnaces for producing carbon blocks and tamping paste.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Calcined Anthracite Market Trends:
The increasing product demand in the steel manufacturing industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Calcined anthracite is extensively used in steelmaking furnaces, such as electric arc, basic oxygen and blast furnaces. Additionally, the widespread product adoption as a filler in making electrode paste and ramming, carbon electrode, and carburizer is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the rising preferences toward calcined anthracite over conventional coal in the heating and power generation sector due to their eco-friendly properties, such as higher carbon percentage, lower ash, volatile matter, and moisture content, and fewer release of toxic gases, is augmenting the growth of the market. This is further supported by the rising demand for energy and rapid industrialization across the globe. Other factors, including the widespread product utilization in the aluminum industry as a smelting additive due to its high purity and consistency, extensive usage of filtration systems in wastewater management, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 3.84 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.3% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been bifurcated into gas and electrically calcined anthracite.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into pulverized coal injection (PCI), basic oxygen steelmaking, and electric arc furnaces.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized into iron and steel, aluminum, pulp and paper, power generation, water filtration, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report. Some of the key players include Asbury Carbon, Black Diamond (Clarus Corporation), Dev Technofab Ltd., Elkem ASA (Orkla ASA), Headwin Exim Private Limited, Henan Star Metallurgy Material Co.Ltd, JH Carbon Pty Ltd, Kingstone Group, Resorbent s.r.o., Rheinfelden Carbon Products GmbH, Sojitz JECT Corporation and Voltcon International PTE Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800