The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Calcium Chloride Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the global calcium chloride market reached a value of US$ 1.3 Billion in 2017, registering a CAGR of 5.8% during 2010-2017. Calcium chloride, with the chemical formula CaCl2, is an ionic compound of calcium and chlorine which is highly soluble in water. It remains solid at room temperature and behaves as a typical ionic halide. Calcium chloride is generally found in small quantities along with other salts in seawater and mineral springs. It is used as a food additive, preservative, and brine in refrigeration plants. Besides this, calcium chloride is also utilized as a drying agent in water treatment plants.
The applications of calcium chloride as a dehumidifier and concrete accelerator have resulted in its increased demand, primarily in the concrete industry. A rise in construction and mining activities, particularly in the developing countries, has propelled the demand for calcium chloride since it is largely used as a dust controlling agent. Additionally, as calcium chloride can lower the freezing point of water, it is used as a de-icing agent on roads, pavements and sidewalks during winters. Due to this, it is majorly utilized in heavy snowfall regions like Europe and North America. Further, the liquid form of calcium chloride is a common raw material which is employed as a drilling fluid in the gas well drilling industry. Rising demand for oil and gas from numerous countries has impelled the sales of calcium chloride across the world. The market is further anticipated to reach a value of about US$ 1.8 Billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2018-2023.
- Based on product types, the market is segmented into hydrated solid, anhydrous solid and liquor. Amongst these, hydrated solid represents the most popular product type, holding the dominant share.
- On the basis of applications, de-icing represents the biggest application area. Other segments include dust control and road stabilization, drilling fluids, construction, and industrial processing.
- On the basis of raw materials, the market is segregated into natural brine, Solvay process (by-product), and limestone and hydrochloric acid. Currently, natural brine accounts for the largest market share.
- Based on grades, industrial grade calcium chloride dominates the market, followed by food grade calcium chloride. Calcium chloride is extensively used in diverse industries owing to its numerous advantages, such as easy dilution process and reduction in emission of hazardous gases.
- Region-wise, the market is categorized into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, North America is the leading market for calcium chloride.
- The key players operating in the market include Occidental Petroleum Corp. (OxyChem), B. J. Services, Solvay S.A., Tetra Chemicals, Tiger Calcium Services, Ward Chemicals, Weifang Haibin Chemical Co. Ltd., Tangshan Sanyou Group Co., Ltd., Qingdao Huadong Calcium Producing Co. Ltd., Weifang Taize Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. and Zirax Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331