According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Cancer Cachexia Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global cancer cachexia market reached a value of US$ 2.0 Billion in 2022. Cancer cachexia is a metabolic disease characterized by muscle mass and fat loss, fatigue, and weakness. It is a common and severe complication of cancer, affecting up to 80% of advanced cancer patients, and is a significant contributor to morbidity and mortality in this population. Cachexia is a multifactorial syndrome resulting from an imbalance between energy intake and expenditure, leading to progressive muscle wasting and anorexia. It is not simply a result of poor appetite or nutritional intake but a systemic manifestation of underlying cancer and its metabolic effects. The underlying mechanisms of cancer cachexia involve a complex interplay of factors, including cytokine production, oxidative stress, and hormonal imbalances. Cancer cachexia also significantly impacts the immune system and can impair the effectiveness of cancer treatment.
Global Cancer Cachexia Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing prevalence of cancer. In line with this, the rising demand for effective treatments is significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for therapy drugs and heavy investments in research and development activities to introduce new therapeutic drugs are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the escalating healthcare expenditure and improving healthcare infrastructure are catalyzing the market. Moreover, the rapid adoption of combination therapies among the patient population is favoring the market expansion. Besides, the increasing geriatric population and the widespread availability of novel therapeutic drugs to treat cancer cachexia are propelling the market. Additionally, favorable initiatives undertaken by the governments across various countries to spread awareness regarding cancer cachexia are providing a boost to the market. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the therapeutics, the market has been categorized into progestogens, corticosteroids, combination therapy, and others.
- Based on the mode of action, the market has been classified into appetite stimulators and weight loss stabilizers.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into hospital stores, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include AAVogen Inc., Actimed Therapeutics Ltd., Aphios Corporation, Artelo Biosciences Inc., AVEO Pharmaceuticals Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG (Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA), Helsinn Healthcare SA, Merck & Co. Inc., NGM Biopharmaceuticals Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Tetra Bio-Pharma.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Therapeutics, Mode of Action, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AAVogen Inc., Actimed Therapeutics Ltd., Aphios Corporation, Artelo Biosciences Inc., AVEO Pharmaceuticals Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG (Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA), Helsinn Healthcare SA, Merck & Co. Inc., NGM Biopharmaceuticals Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Tetra Bio-Pharma
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800