The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Capnography Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025”, finds that the global capnography devices market size reached US$ 501 Million in 2019. Capnography devices provide a value of respiratory rate by measuring carbon dioxide (CO2) inspired and expired by the patient. The exhaled CO2 in the air is diverted from the airway into the device via a sampling tube to assess metabolism and cardiovascular and respiratory system health in the body. Capnography devices are available as both handheld portable devices or as modules and components integrated with other medical equipment, such as anesthesiology machines, defibrillators, and patient-monitoring systems. In recent years, capnography devices have gained immense popularity worldwide as they are non-invasive, quick and easy to use and enable healthcare providers to identify potential breathing complications in patients.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Capnography Devices Market Trends:
With the growing prevalence of respiratory diseases, such as asthma, pulmonary embolism, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the demand for capnography devices has increased. They help detect issues at an early stage, prompting timely intervention at the onset of an adverse respiratory event, thereby avoiding deterioration to a more critical or fatal point. Besides anesthesiology, the use of capnography has expanded to monitor the effectiveness of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in patients with cardiac arrest to confirm the correct placement of an ETT and continuously observe them in the emergency room and ICU during ambulatory transport. Moreover, as capnography is used to monitor ventilation during sedation in many surgical and medical specialties, researchers are discovering newer methods of carbon dioxide measurement using capnography equipment. Recently, they have introduced ultra-compact MicroRotor technology to measure CO2, nitrous oxide and the five anesthetic agents and decrease the nuisance of obstructions resulting from moisture and water condensate in the sampling lines. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into capnometers and accessories.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into handheld and conventional devices.
- The market has been categorized based on technology into main-stream, side-stream and micro-stream.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into trauma and emergency care, cardiac care, respiratory monitoring and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), Burtons Medical Equipment Ltd., Opto Cardiac Care Limited (Criticare Technologies Inc.), FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology, Inc., DiaMedica Therapeutics, Inc. (DMAC), Drägerwerk AG, EDAN Instruments Inc., Hill-Rom Services Inc., Infinium Medical, Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Masimo Corporation, Medtronic Inc., Nihon Kohden Corporation, Nonin Medical Inc., Smiths Medical MD, Inc. and Zoe Medical Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800