According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global carbon fiber prepreg market reached a value of US$ 9.7 Billion in 2022. Prepreg refers to a molding or reinforcing material that is impregnated using synthetic resin. Carbon fiber prepreg is usually manufactured by combining carbon fibers with thermoset resins, including phenols and thermoplastics. Generally manufactured via the hot melt or solvent dip processes, it exhibits enhanced strength and stiffness with excellent corrosion resistivity. As a result, it is widely used as a preferred alternative to metallic alloys and thermoset composites due to its ability to withstand extreme temperature and resistance to chemicals, fire and moisture.
Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising product usage from the automotive sector. This is supported by the increasing preference for lightweight and fuel-efficient vehicles among the masses. Coupled with the escalating utilization of carbon fiber prepreg in the manufacturing of various automobile components, such as bumpers, wheel arches, seats, splitters and brake ducts, this is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, with an enhanced focus on sustainable development among the masses, there has been a considerable increase in the usage of the product. In line with this, the widespread adoption of the carbon fiber prepregs in the production of aeroplanes and helicopters in order to enhance their safety and sustainability is providing a boost to the market growth. Furthermore, the rising utilization of carbon fiber prepreg composites to manufacture multiple sports accessories due to their lightweight and durable properties are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, continuous product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 15.8 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 8.43% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the manufacturing process, the market has been segregated into hot melt and solvent dip.
- Based on the resin type, the market has been bifurcated into thermoset and thermoplastic.
- On the basis of the resin, the market has been segmented into phenolic, epoxy, bismaleimide, polyimide, cynate ester, peek and others.
- Based on the end-use industry, the market has been categorized into aerospace and defense, automotive, wind energy, sports and recreation and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the key players include Axiom Materials Inc. (Kordsa Incorporated), Gurit (Tianjin) Composite Material Co. Ltd., Hexcel Corporation, Koninklijke Ten Cate B.V. (Tennessee Acquisition Holding B.V.), Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Park Aerospace Corp., Plastic Reinforcement Fabrics Ltd., SGL Carbon SE, Solvay (Daikin), TCR Composites Inc. (ATK Launch Systems), Teijin Limited and Toray Industries Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Manufacturing Process, Resin Type, Resin, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Axiom Materials Inc. (Kordsa Incorporated), Gurit (Tianjin) Composite Material Co. Ltd., Hexcel Corporation, Koninklijke Ten Cate B.V. (Tennessee Acquisition Holding B.V.), Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Park Aerospace Corp., Plastic Reinforcement Fabrics Ltd., SGL Carbon SE, Solvay (Daikin), TCR Composites Inc. (ATK Launch Systems), Teijin Limited and Toray Industries Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800