According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Caustic Soda Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global caustic soda market size reached 80.6 Million Tons in 2022. Caustic soda, also called sodium hydroxide (NaOH), is an alkaline, white, odorless, solid crystalline substance that can be chemically obtained by electrolyzing sodium chloride (NaCl). It is soluble in water and alcohol and insoluble in ether and non-polar solvents. Caustic soda is a powerful base and strong oxidizer that can neutralize acids, as well as react and break down certain organic compounds. Due to its corrosive and reactive nature, it is extensively used for manufacturing various chemical products, such as soaps, detergents, and dyes. Apart from this, it finds extensive applications across various industries, including pulp and paper, textiles, automotive, water treatment, petroleum refining, pharmaceuticals, and food processing.
Global Caustic Soda Market Trends:
The increasing product demand for manufacturing aluminum extensively used across the automotive, construction, and packaging sectors is primarily driving the global caustic soda market growth. Moreover, the rising product utilization in the bolstering food and beverage (F&B) industry for various applications, such as flavoring, preserving, cleaning, and refining edible oils and fats, is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the escalating demand for caustic soda across the textile industry for dyeing, scouring, and mercerizing fabrics, as well as the pulp and paper sector for pulp bleaching applications, is creating a positive outlook for the market. In addition to this, caustic soda is widely employed to formulate antibiotics, antacids, and anti-inflammatory drugs used for treating various life-threatening diseases, which is aiding in market expansion. Furthermore, the large-scale product adoption across water treatment plants for treating sewage, industrial wastewater, and drinking water to meet the requirements of public health and safety is presenting remunerative opportunities for the market. Concurrent with this, caustic soda is used to manufacture soaps and detergents; thus, escalating consumer awareness regarding personal hygiene and growing demand for these products from the residential, industrial, and institutional sectors are impelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach 89.7 Million Tons by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 1.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into lye, flake, and others. Among these, lye accounts for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market is categorized into membrane, diaphragm, and other cells. Currently, the membrane cell process represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the grade, the market has been classified into reagent, industrial, pharmaceutical, and other grades. Among these, industrial-grade caustic soda dominates the global market.
- Based on the application, the market is divided into alumina, inorganic chemicals, organic chemicals, food, pulp and paper, soap and detergents, textiles, water treatment, steel/metallurgy-sintering, and others. currently, alumina holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of region, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Presently, Asia Pacific is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Dow Chemical Company, Olin Corporation, Tata Chemicals Limited, Solvay SA, FMC Corporation, Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), Formosa Plastics Corporation, Ineos Group Limited, PPG Industries, Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Co. Ltd., Tosoh Corporation, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Nirma Limited, Akzo Nobel, BASF, Covestro, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Manufacturing Process, Grade, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Dow Chemical Company, Olin Corporation, Tata Chemicals Limited, Solvay SA, FMC Corporation, Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), Formosa Plastics Corporation, Ineos Group Limited, PPG Industries, Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Co. Ltd., Tosoh Corporation, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Nirma Limited, Akzo Nobel, BASF and Covestro
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800