According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Caustic Soda Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global caustic soda market reached 80.7 Million Tons in 2020. Caustic soda (NaOH), also called sodium hydroxide or lye, is an inorganic compound obtained by electrolyzing sodium chloride (NaCl). There are two types of caustic soda known as pure caustic soda and impure caustic soda. Pure caustic soda is used for making candles and soaps, whereas contaminated caustic soda is utilized to clean ovens and drains. Caustic soda is also found in various chemical products due to its corrosive and reactive nature. Consequently, it finds widespread applications across various industries, including textiles, pulp and paper, and automotive.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Caustic Soda Market Trends:
Extensive utilization of caustic soda across various industries represents one of the key factors driving the market growth. For instance, caustic soda is widely used in the manufacturing of household cleaning items. Moreover, in the pulp and paper industry, caustic soda is crucial in the production process of papers while aiding in separating ink from paper fibers during paper recycling. The market is also driven by the rising demand for caustic soda from the automotive industry. This is because caustic soda is used in the extraction of alumina, an oxide of aluminum, which find widespread utilization in the automotive industry for the production of lightweight vehicles. Other factors, such as rising utilization of caustic soda in wastewater treatment plants and food and beverage industry, are contributing to the market growth further. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach 93.9 Million Tons by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 2.50% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into lye, flakes and others. Currently, lye dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the manufacturing process, the market has been segmented into membrane cell, diaphragm cell and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the grade into reagent, industrial, pharmaceutical and other grades.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into alumina; inorganic chemicals; organic chemicals; food, pulp and paper; soap and detergents; textiles; water treatment; steel/metallurgy-sintering; and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Dow Chemical Company, Olin Corporation, Tata Chemicals Limited, Solvay S.A., FMC Corporation, Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), Formosa Plastics Corporation, Ineos Group, PPG Industries, Inc., Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Co. Ltd., Tosoh Corporation, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Nirma Limited, Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE and Covestro AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal