The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cellular IoT Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global cellular IoT market size reached US$ 4.5 Billion in 2022. Cellular IoT refers to the advanced wireless technology used to connect various telecommunication devices without any physical connection. It utilizes advanced technologies, such as 3G, 4G, 5G, and Low Power Wide Area (LPWA), for establishing reliable connections through various hardware devices and sensors. Depending on the needs of the IoT device and application, there are primarily two types of cellular IoT connections, namely, Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) and Long-Term Evolution for Machines (LTE-M). As cellular IoT solutions establish a secure connection with other shared networks, simplify global deployment, and support low and high bandwidths, they are extensively utilized across various industries, including agriculture, environment monitoring, healthcare, manufacturing, automotive, and energy.
Global Cellular IoT Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the significant growth in the telecommunication industry. Besides this, the increasing requirement for automation across multiple industries is also contributing to the market growth as organizations are widely utilizing LTE-M and NB-IoT solutions. In addition, the growing integration of the IoT embedded sensors, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth with automobile systems represents another growth-inducing factor. Presently, automotive manufacturers are incorporating wireless communication into luxury and economy vehicles to facilitate in-vehicle, vehicle-to-vehicle, and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication. Furthermore, the increasing commercialization of 5G, the rising utilization of cellular IoT in weather monitoring and infrastructure security, and significant infrastructural developments in developing economies are some of the other factors anticipated to propel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 14.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 20.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the component, the market has been bifurcated into hardware and software (device management and signal processing).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been classified into 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE-M, NB-LTE-M, NB-IoT, and 5G.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into agriculture, automotive and transportation, consumer electronics, energy, environment monitoring, healthcare, retail, smart cities, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Arm Limited, Commsolid GmbH (Goodix Technology (HK) Company Limited), MediaTek Inc., Qualcomm Incorporated, Sequans Communications, Sierra Wireless, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Telit, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Thales Group, U-Blox Holding AG and ZTE Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Type, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arm Limited, Commsolid GmbH (Goodix Technology (HK) Company Limited), MediaTek Inc., Qualcomm Incorporated, Sequans Communications, Sierra Wireless, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Telit, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Thales Group, U-Blox Holding AG and ZTE Corporation.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal