According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Children’s Wear Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global children’s wear market size reached US$ 275.7 Billion in 2022. Children’s wear refers to the apparel that is worn by children belonging to the ages of 0 to 12 years. These pieces of clothing are made from high-quality materials to offer comfort and breathability to the wearer. They are mostly casual and contemporary in style and are made from a vast array of colors and materials. Largely depending upon the requirements of the wearer, they can also be available in various other forms, such as uniforms and ethnic styles. While gender-specific clothes have always been prevalent in the market, there is also a growing preference for gender-neutral apparel. Some of the most common children’s wear includes outerwear, innerwear, nightwear, socks and tights that are manufactured using cotton-, polyester-, silk- and satin-based fabrics.
Global Children’s Wear Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing preference for branded and designer kid’s apparel. This trend is supported by the global population explosion, shifting lifestyle patterns and the expanding spending capacities of numerous households. Since premium clothing is made from high-quality fabrics that offer enhanced comfort and convenience, their sales are boosting on the global level. The market is further driven by the active participation of children in purchasing decisions. In line with this, the rising brand-consciousness and the growing impact of television and mass-media among the kids, along with the aggressive promotional activities by manufacturers, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, the proliferation of online retail fashion portals is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. These websites offer a hassle-free shopping experience with a user-friendly interface, a vast collection of options and lucrative discount offers, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include celebrity endorsements in advertisement campaigns for different labels. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.9% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product category, the market has been divided into apparel, footwear and others.
- Based on the consumer group, the market has been classified into infant (0-12 months), toddler (1-3yrs), preschooler (3-5yrs), and gradeschooler (5-12yrs).
- On the basis of gender, the market has been categorized into boys, girls and unisex.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Adidas AG, Benetton Group Srl, Carter’s, Inc., Cotton On Clothing Pty Ltd, DIESEL USA Inc., Dolce&Gabbana S.r.l., Esprit Global Image GmbH, Fruit of the Loom, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Levi Strauss & Co., Mothercare plc, NIKE, Inc., The Children’s Place, Inc., Gap Inc., and V.F. Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Category, Consumer Group, Gender, Distribution Channel, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adidas AG, Benetton Group Srl, Carter’s, Inc., Cotton On Clothing Pty Ltd, DIESEL USA Inc., Dolce&Gabbana S.r.l., Esprit Global Image GmbH, Fruit of the Loom, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Levi Strauss & Co., Mothercare plc, NIKE, Inc., The Children’s Place, Inc., Gap Inc., and V.F. Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal