The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Chlorine Dioxide Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global chlorine dioxide market reached a value of US$ 945.7 Million in 2021. Chlorine dioxide, with the chemical formula CIO2, is a highly volatile compound usually manufactured from sodium chlorite and sodium chlorate. It appears as a reddish-yellow gas with an unpleasant odor similar to chlorine at room temperature. It is less corrosive than chlorine, more effective over a broad pH range, and neutralizes phenols and their derivatives. It is also widely used as a disinfectant, antimicrobial agent, odor control agent, and selective oxidizer in various industrial processes. As a result, chlorine dioxide finds extensive applications in industrial water treatment, food and beverage (F&B), medical, pulp and paper, and oil and gas sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market Trends:
The increasing chlorine dioxide applications across various industries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, chlorine dioxide is widely used to disinfect drinking water and treat wastewater to remove turbidity and destroy bacteria and viruses present in water. Besides this, it is extensively utilized as a bleaching agent in the pulp and paper sector to manufacture paper with high brightness by chemically processing wood pulp. Besides this, there has also been a growing product usage in the food and beverage industry for controlling pathogenic and spoilage microorganisms, poultry processing, and washing vegetables and fruits. Furthermore, the development of biocide technology based on chlorine dioxide for treating industrial cooling water systems and providing enhanced cost-effectiveness, real-time monitoring, and safety interlocks has accelerated the product adoption rate. Apart from this, the surging utilization of chlorine dioxide to sterilize medical equipment and laboratory has catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the escalating demand for potable water, rapid industrialization, favorable government initiatives, technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,265.90 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.90% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into liquid and solid stabilized chlorine dioxide. At present, liquid stabilized chlorine dioxide accounts for the majority of the market share.
- On the basis of the method, the market has been classified as electrolytic and chemical methods. wherein electrolytic method exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- The market has been segregated based on the application into industrial water treatment, pulp and paper processing, oil and gas, medical, food and beverages, and others. Amongst these, industrial water treatment represents the largest market segment.
- On a geographical front, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Currently, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Accepta Ltd., AquaPulse Systems Inc., CDG Environmental LLC, Ecolab Inc., Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Grundfos Pumps Corporation, Iotronic Elektrogerätebau GmbH, ProMinent GmbH, Sabre Technologies LLC, Tecme Srl, and Vasu Chemicals LLP.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800