According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cigarette Lighter Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global cigarette lighter market size reached US$ 6.4 Billion in 2019. Cigarette lighters are hand-held devices that utilize butane, naphtha, or charcoal to light cigars, pipes and cigarettes. The container of these lighters is generally made using metal or plastic and is filled with pressurized liquid gas or combustible fluid that assists in the ignition. It also has a provision to extinguish the flame conveniently. As cigarette lighters are compact and convenient compared to matchboxes, their demand is escalating around the world. At present, different types of lighters are available in the market, including storm proof torch, capsule, peanut and floating lighters.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Cigarette Lighter Market Trends:
Due to rapid urbanization, hectic lifestyle and rising stress levels, there is a substantial increase in the smoking rates worldwide, which represents one of the significant factors augmenting the sales of cigarette lighters. Apart from this, as cigarette lighters are considered suitable for gifting in various countries, the leading manufacturers are coming up with a wide range of premium products to expand their consumer base. These players are also investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce flameless pocket lighters with improved user safety. However, due to the surging cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), governments of several countries have announced lockdowns and are promoting social distancing measures to prevent the spread of the pandemic. Consequently, operations at the manufacturing units of various companies have halted. Besides this, disruptions in the supply chain are also negatively impacting the market growth. The market will experience growth once normalcy is regained. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 7.2 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 2.20% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into flint, electronic and other cigarette lighters. At present, flint cigarette lighters exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been segregated into metal, plastic and other materials. Plastic accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into tobacco shops, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others. Cigarette lighters are generally sold through tobacco shops.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Eastern Europe, Western Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being BIC Corporation, Cricket Lighters (Swedish Match Lighters BV) and CLIPPER (FLAMAGAS, SA).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal