IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Clams, Cockles, Ark Shells Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global clams, cockles, ark shells market size grew at a CAGR of 5% during 2015-2020. Clams, cockles, and ark shells are a type of marine bivalve mollusks that are found in estuaries or coastal ecosystems. The bivalves are two shells that are connected via a flexible ligament to protect and shield the soft and edible part of the creature. Clams, cockles, and ark shells are widely consumed worldwide as they are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. These essential nutrients aid in treating acid refluxes, improving heart health, soothing abdominal pain, and mitigating the risk of cancer.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Clams, Cockles, Ark Shells Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the expansion of the bivalve aquaculture sector. The increasing trade activities due to the growing variants of bivalves and thick-shelled seafood are also propelling the market growth. Apart from this, the busy lifestyles, rapid urbanization, and changing tastes and preferences of consumers have encouraged them to become more inclined toward the new seafood variants introduced in the market. Besides this, market players are continuously upgrading the supply chain of these seafood products to meet the growing demand from the eateries that offer gourmet and specialized cuisines and the rising global food trends. Furthermore, the rising adoption of recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) and advanced aquaculture water treatment systems for improving the farming of various marine species is significantly bolstering the market growth. On account of these factors, the market is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been segregated into clams, cockles and ark shells.
- On the basis of the packaging form, the market has been divided into fresh, frozen, canned and other types of packaging.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into the foodservice and retail sectors (hypermarkets, and supermarkets, convenience stores, specialty outlets, online channels and others).
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Europe (Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia, Ireland and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Aqua Blue Seafood Ltd., Clifton Seafood Co. Ltd., Cape Cod Shellfish and Seafood Co., Inc., John Lake Shellfish Limited, Krijn Verwijs Yerseke B.V., PanaPesca USA LLC, Pangea Shellfish & Seafood Co., Inc., Penn Cove Shellfish LLC, Seacore Seafood, Inc., and Van der Lee Seafish B.V.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800