According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "COD Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global COD market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during 2023-2028. Cod fish, commonly known as COD, is a cold-water fish that generally belongs to the Gadidae family. It is dark-spotted with two anal fins, three dorsal fins and a chin barbel. It is a voracious migratory fish that feeds largely on various invertebrates and other fishes. Commonly found near the sea bottom, ranging from deep waters to inshore regions, COD is popular for its edible flesh and liver oil. It is popular in various cuisines across the globe, wherein it is widely prepared by grilling, frying, broiling, baking and steaming. It contains numerous essential nutrients, including minerals, vitamins and healthy fats, that are beneficial for the healthy development of the consumers.
Global COD Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising consumption of seafood among the masses. This can be attributed to the growing health consciousness and the increasing preference for leading a healthy lifestyle among individuals. In line with this, the shifting preference toward protein-rich diet due to the changing dietary patterns of the masses is creating a positive market outlook. Along with this, significant growth in the food and beverage sector, coupled with the proliferation of quick service restaurants (QSRs) and food joints, is providing a boost to the sales of COD fish across the globe. Moreover, numerous leading players are heavily investing in launching frozen variants of COD fishes, thus creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Other factors, including the easy product availability via online and offline organized retail channels, the advent of home delivery models and the development of aggressive marketing strategies and promotional campaigns, are also positively influencing the market growth.
- On the basis of species, the market has been segmented into Atlantic, Pacific, Greenland and other cod fish.
- Based on the source, the market has been segregated into farmed and wild capture.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into fresh, canned, frozen and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into institutional and retail (direct sales, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores and others).
- On the basis of the consuming region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, South Korea, Japan and others), Europe (Portugal, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Spain, France and others), Latin America (Brazil, Chile and others) and the Middle East and Africa (the UAE, Saudi Arabia and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Aalesundfish AS, Alliance Seafood AS, ANDREAS BJØRGE SEAFOOD AS, Arctic Catch AS, Iceland Seafood International hf, Lerøy Seafood Group ASA, Norebo Holding JSC, Norges Sjømatråd AS and Norsk Sjømat AS.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Billion, Million Tons
||Species, Source, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, China, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Chile, UAE, Saudi Arabia
||Aalesundfish AS, Alliance Seafood AS, ANDREAS BJØRGE SEAFOOD AS, Arctic Catch AS, Iceland Seafood International hf, Lerøy Seafood Group ASA, Norebo Holding JSC, Norges Sjømatråd AS and Norsk Sjømat AS
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800