According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Computed Tomography Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global computed tomography market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2022. Computed tomography (CT) refers to a medical imaging technique that utilizes X-rays to produce detailed cross-sectional images of the body. It is comprised of several components, such as an X-ray tube, detectors, gantry, patient table, data acquisition system (DAS), image processing and storage, console, and user interface. Computed tomography is widely used for diagnosis, cancer detection, emergency medicine, interventional procedures, virtual endoscopy, orthopedics, and cardiovascular imaging. As compared to traditional X-ray imaging, CT is a safe, reliable, and highly efficient technique that offers better visualization of organs, bones, blood vessels, and soft tissues. It can also generate images in multiple planes, including axial, sagittal, and coronal views, which enables healthcare professionals to examine structures from different angles for accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
Computed Tomography Market Trends:
The escalating prevalence of chronic conditions, such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), and neurological disorders, is propelling the market growth. CT is widely used for the diagnosis, staging, and monitoring of diseases, which aids healthcare professionals in decision-making and improving clinical outcomes. Along with this, the rising geriatric population, which is highly susceptible to developing chronic illnesses, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the growing awareness among the masses regarding early disease diagnosis to prevent future complications, enable early intervention, and reduce healthcare expenditure is providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, the recent development of photon-counting detectors that improve spectral imaging, material decomposition, and reduce radiation dose by optimizing energy-specific imaging is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the introduction of dual-energy computed tomography, which utilizes different levels of X-rays to provide additional information about tissue composition and characteristics, is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the implementation of supportive government policies to spread awareness regarding chronic illnesses and provide access to high-quality treatments is favoring the market growth. Other factors, including increasing demand for minimally invasive (MI) procedures, rising investments in the development of advanced CT scanners, and the growing number of healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and clinics, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 6.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.20% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been classified into low slice, medium slice, high slice, and cone beam. Among these, high slice represents the largest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into oncology, neurology, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and others. Among these, oncology holds the majority market share.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others. Among these, hospitals represent the largest market share.
- Regions-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. At present, North America holds the largest market for computed tomography.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Canon Medical Systems Corporation (Canon Inc.), FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, GE HealthCare (General Electric Company), Koning Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., NeuroLogica Corp. (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.), Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd. (Neusoft Corporation), Planmeca Oy, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), Stryker Corporation, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Low Slice, Medium Slice, High Slice, Cone Beam
||Oncology, Neurology, Cardiovascular, Musculoskeletal, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Canon Medical Systems Corporation (Canon Inc.), FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, GE HealthCare (General Electric Company), Koning Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., NeuroLogica Corp. (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.), Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd. (Neusoft Corporation), Planmeca Oy, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), Stryker Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800