According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Construction and Demolition Waste Management Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global construction and demolition waste management market size reached US$ 212.8 Billion in 2021. Construction and demolition (C&D) waste management is the process of collecting, transporting, recycling, and disposing of debris produced during refurbishment, construction, alteration, destruction, and rehabilitation of infrastructures. Demolition of existing structures creates more than 20 different types of waste materials, including metals, wood, bricks, plastics, concrete, and sanitary ware. C&D waste management comprises disposing or reusing these waste materials to curb the negative impact on the environment and reduce the consumption of virgin resources. As these materials are heavy and non-biodegradable, they are initially sorted, treated, and filtered for further usage or decomposition. Rising awareness toward environmental degradation has led to the adoption of C&D waste management globally.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Construction and Demolition Waste Management Market Trends:
The past few years have witnessed several demolition and renovation projects, especially in developing regions, due to rapid urbanization and globalization. In addition to this, inflating income levels and improving living standards of individuals have contributed to residential construction activities. As improper disposal of waste materials causes environmental degradation and greenhouse gas emission, the adoption of C&D waste management has gradually increased. Apart from this, governments of several countries are taking initiatives to eliminate illegal disposal and reuse waste materials. For instance, new rules have been introduced by the Department of Environment, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, India, to incorporate a complete waste management plan prior to any construction activity. Similarly, Construction & Demolition Recycling Association (CDRA) in the United States is promoting the recycling of recoverable C&D materials, including concrete, asphalt, asphalt shingles, gypsum wallboard, wood, and metals, that are produced every year. Furthermore, non-governmental organizations are creating awareness about the hazardous impact of disposing of these waste materials, which, in turn, is provided a thrust to the market growth. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the business sector, the market has been divided into construction, renovation, and demolition. Among these, the demolition segment accounts for the biggest market share.
- On the basis of the service type, collection represents the most popular service type. Other segments include recycling, landfill, and incineration.
- Based on the waste type, the market has been classified into inert, cardboard, glass, wood, plastic, metal, and others. Currently, inert waste holds the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Clean Harbors, Inc., Daiseki Co., Ltd., Gamma Waste Systems, Renewi PLC, FCC Environment CEE, Advanced Disposal Services LLC, Veolia Environnement SA, Waste Management, Inc., Casella Waste Systems, Inc., Waste Connections Inc., Remondis SE & Co. KG, and Republic Services, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.