According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cooling Tower Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global cooling tower market size reached US$ 2.9 Billion in 2022. A cooling tower is a specialized heat exchange system designed to dissipate excess heat from industrial processes, power plants, and HVAC systems. Its primary function is to remove the heat generated during various operations, preventing equipment from overheating, and ensuring efficient functioning. The cooling process begins as hot water or process fluids are pumped into the cooling tower and distributed over a series of baffles or fill materials. These towering structures facilitate the transfer of heat from hot water or other fluids to the atmosphere through the process of evaporation and convection. Cooling towers are crucial for maintaining the operational efficiency of numerous industries, including power generation, manufacturing, and petrochemicals. They provide an environmentally friendly way to manage excess heat, helping to conserve water resources and reduce the ecological impact of high-temperature processes.
Global Cooling Tower Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing demand for HVAC systems. Also, the increasing demand for efficient and sustainable cooling solutions across various industries is supporting the market as industrial processes become more sophisticated and technology-driven, the need to dissipate excess heat generated by these processes is crucial to ensure operational efficiency and equipment longevity. Cooling towers offer an effective mechanism for heat dissipation through the process of evaporative cooling, making them indispensable in industries such as power generation, manufacturing, petrochemicals, and HVAC systems. Additionally, the growing awareness and implementation of stringent environmental regulations further impel the Cooling Tower market. Governments and regulatory bodies worldwide are imposing stricter norms on emissions, water usage, and energy efficiency. Cooling towers, with their ability to conserve water and reduce energy consumption compared to traditional cooling methods, align well with these regulations, compelling industries to adopt them. Furthermore, the rise in construction activities, especially in commercial and residential sectors, contributes to the demand for cooling towers as they are vital components of air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the tower type, the market has been segmented into open-circuit, closed-circuit and hybrid cooling towers. Currently, the open-circuit cooling towers represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the flow type, the market has been divided into cross and counter flow. Among these, crossflow exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the design, the market has been bifurcated into mechanical and natural draft cooling tower. Presently, mechanical draft dominates the total market share.
- On the basis of the construction material, the market has been divided into fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP), steel, concrete, wood, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and others. Among these fiber-reinforced plastic exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into chemical, HVAC, petrochemicals and oil and gas, power generation, food and beverages, and others. Currently, power generation end user leads the market segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc., Baltimore Aircoil Company Inc. (Amsted Industries Inc.), Brentwood Industries Inc., Delta Cooling Towers, Inc., ENEXIO Management GmbH, Hamon Corporation (Hamon & Cie), International Cooling Tower Inc., Johnson Controls Inc., SPX Cooling Technologies Inc., Reymsa Cooling Towers Inc., Thermal Care Inc. (IPEG Inc.), Thermax Limited (RDA Holdings Private Limited).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Tower Type, Flow Type, Design, Construction Material, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc., Baltimore Aircoil Company Inc. (Amsted Industries Inc.), Brentwood Industries Inc., Delta Cooling Towers, Inc., ENEXIO Management GmbH, Hamon Corporation (Hamon & Cie), International Cooling Tower Inc., Johnson Controls Inc., SPX Cooling Technologies Inc., Reymsa Cooling Towers Inc., Thermal Care Inc. (IPEG Inc.) and Thermax Limited (RDA Holdings Private Limited)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800