According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Dark Spirits Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global dark spirits market reached a value of US$
90.1 Billion in 2022. Dark spirits refer to liquors that undergo an aging process ranging from a few months to several years. They consist of drinks such as whiskey, rum or brandy and are stored in new, recycled or charred barrels to provide color and depth of taste. As opposed to light spirits, which include clear alcoholic beverages like vodka, gin and white wine, dark liquors have higher concentrations of congeners, organic substances produced during the fermentation process. Some of these congeners are known to protect the stomach lining and offer antioxidant properties.
Global Dark Spirits Market Trends:
The global market is primarily being driven by the growing preference for dark spirits among consumers. Market players have witnessed an uptick in demand for liquors like cognac, whiskey, and scotch over the past few years. Apart from this, as consumers are willing to try new blends, bar owners are expanding their offerings and including dark spirit-based cocktails made with sparkling water and exotic fruit juices. These drinks are also being used as flavor enhancers. In addition, with growing disposable incomes and expanding working population, individuals are also preferring premium products that offer an authentic experience. This is further supported by the rising number of bars, pubs, and breweries providing easy access to alcoholic beverages. Furthermore, the availability of dark spirits via online retail channels and home delivery services has driven product sales during the COVID-19 pandemic. Other factors, such as rising urbanization, elevating demand for low and non-alcoholic product variants, and expanding middle class, are further expected to influence the market growth. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
127.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
5.72% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into whiskey, rum and brandy, wherein whiskey dominates the segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into on trade and off trade. At present, most dark spirits are distributed through off trade channels.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into bars, restaurants, pubs and others.
- Based on the region, Asia Pacific accounts for the majority of the market share. It has been further divided into China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others. Other major regions include North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players are Asahi Group Holdings ltd., Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, Brown–Forman Corporation, Bacardi Limited, Kirin Brewery Company Limited, Diageo plc, Pernod Ricard, LT Group Inc, Suntory Holdings Limited (Kotobuki Realty Co. Ltd.), and Rémy Cointreau.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800