According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Data Center Power Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global data center power market size reached US$ 20.4 Billion in 2021. Data center power is a component of the data center infrastructure management system, also known as DCIM. The DCIM offers administrative control over tools and processes related to the electricity supply in a data center facility. These facilities are connected to the main grid and backup power generators to ensure efficient power distribution and uninterrupted operation, even during large-scale power outages. Various data center power distribution and management solutions are adopted to distribute energy efficiently at lesser Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) ratios. These solutions also enable the monitoring, measurement and regulation of power generation, consumption as well as optimization. Apart from this, they are also being employed to minimize carbon dioxide emissions and schedule capacity increments while considering future power requirements.
Global Data Center Power Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by an increase in the adoption rates of cloud computing services. This can be attributed to the escalating demand for the Internet of Things (IoT), the development of smart cities across the globe and the advent of connected medical devices. Moreover, escalating electricity prices have created a demand for advanced power distribution and management solutions in data centers, which is providing a thrust to the market growth. These advanced solutions are utilizing devices such as intelligent Power Distribution Systems (PDU) and smart Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) to reduce the PUE ratio, which enhances energy efficiency. Furthermore, numerous data center facilities are shifting to renewable energy, such as solar, wind and geothermal power, in an effort to reduce their carbon footprint. For instance, Microsoft’s Azure cloud employs wind, solar and hydro-electric energy sources to run their data center infrastructure. The increasing replacement of traditional equipment with energy-efficient variants is also anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 29.8 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the solution type, the market has been divided into power distribution and measurement (intelligent PDUs, non-intelligent PDUs and monitoring software), power backup (UPS devices and generators) and cabling infrastructure (transfer switches and switchgear).
- Based on the service type, the market has been categorized into system integration, training and consulting, and support and maintenance.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been classified into mid-size, enterprise and large data centers.
- Based on the vertical, the market has been segregated into BFSI, telecommunication and IT, energy, manufacturing and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed, along with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of them include ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd, Black Box Corporation, Eaton, General Electric Company, Legrand SA, Delta Electronics, Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Raritan. Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Vertiv Co., Tripp Lite, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Generac Power Systems, Fujitsu, Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc., and Server Technology, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.