The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dental CAD/CAM Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global dental CAD/CAM market size reached US$ 2.79 Billion in 2022. Dental computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) refer to the digital technologies that dental professionals use to plan, design and create dental prosthodontics with 3D printing technology and perform complex dental procedures. It is widely employed to construct restorations such as dental crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays, onlays, veneers, and dental implant-supported prostheses from high-strength ceramic. These systems also help to scan, capture, and record data regarding the oral environment, such as adjacent teeth, tooth preparation, and occluding tooth geometry. As a result, they offer reduced outsourcing costs, fast and accurate production, shorter waiting time, greater efficiency in complex treatments, and enhanced accuracy for creating restorations.
Global Dental CAD/CAM Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of gum disease and tooth decay, especially among the geriatric population vulnerable to tooth loss. Dental CAD/CAM is extensively used to fabricate abutments for dental implants to replace missing teeth and prepare custom three-dimensional (3D) images of teeth by digitally scanning impressions to produce more accurate dental restoration. In addition, the rising incidences of dental ailments due to the consumption of sugary snacks, beverages, and junk food are contributing to market growth. In line with this, various technological advancements, such as the integration of advanced dental CAD/CAM systems to provide a smoother workflow by adding features, such as real-time communications and auto case status update timeline, represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the widespread product adoption owing to dental cosmetic surgeries, rising disposable incomes, and the growing inclination toward crown and bridge placement procedures for aesthetic dentistry are providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Along with this, the increasing oral health problems and the growing awareness among individuals about maintaining adequate oral hygiene are propelling the market growth. Apart from this, key players are focusing on producing and distributing dental products and on launching premium design software for creating dental prosthetics. Furthermore, the significant expansion in the healthcare industry and the research and development (R&D) activities conducted by leading market players are creating a favorable global market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4.96 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the component, the market has been segregated into hardware (milling machines, dental 3D printers, scanners), and software (cloud/web-based, and on-premises). Presently, hardware holds the leading position in the market.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into in-lab systems and in-office systems. Currently, in-lab systems exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the end use, the market has been categorized into dental clinics, dental laboratories, and dental milling centers. Among these, dental clinics represent the leading market segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, North America accounts for the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the global dental CAD/CAM industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being 3Shape A/S, Amann Girrbach AG, Axsys Dental Solutions, Datron AG, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Hexagon AB, Institut Straumann AG, Medit Corp., Planmeca Oy, Roland DG Corporation, and Yenadent.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Hardware: Milling Machines, Dental 3D Printers, Scanners
- Software: Cloud/Web-based, On-premises
||In-Lab Systems, In-Office Systems
|End Use Covered
||Dental Clinics, Dental Laboratories, Dental Milling Centers
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3Shape A/S, Amann Girrbach AG, Axsys Dental Solutions, Datron AG, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Hexagon AB, Institut Straumann AG, Medit Corp., Planmeca Oy, Roland DG Corporation, Yenadent, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800