According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Digital Pathology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global digital pathology market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Digital pathology is an image-based system that incorporates the acquisition, management, storage, and interpretation of pathological information in a digital environment. The specimen slides are captured through scanners, data management systems, virtual microscopes, and cloud-based platforms. These slides provide a high-resolution digital image that can be viewed on mobile devices or computers. Digital pathology offers several benefits, such as improved analysis, reduced errors, enhanced imaging results, better patient outcomes, and lowered long-term costs. Consequently, it finds extensive applications across clinical research organizations (CROs) and biopharmaceutical companies for drug development, disease diagnostics, clinical research, and teleconsultations.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Digital Pathology Market Trends:
Rapid digitization across the medical sector and the widespread adoption of telepathology for faster and efficient diagnostics are majorly driving the global digital pathology market growth. In line with this, digital pathology offers enhanced data security as it uses barcoding, specimen tracking, and digital dictation, which, in turn, is facilitating its adoption across the healthcare sector. Moreover, various technological advancements, including the integration of laboratory information systems (LIS), fiber-optical communications, high-speed networking, artificial intelligence (AI), and robotic light microscopy, are contributing to the market growth. The market is also driven by extensive research and development (R&D) activities to advance telecommunication, microelectronics, sensors, and data analysis techniques, which is further creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, such as the increasing prevalence of chronic ailments and rising geriatric population, are contributing to the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 10% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into scanners, software, storage systems, and communication systems.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into human and veterinary pathology.
- Based on the delivery model, the market has been segmented into on-premises and hosted.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into training and education, consulting services, intraoperative consultation, routine diagnostic consultation services, and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been divided into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, hospitals and reference laboratories, and academic and research institutes.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregatedi nto North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being DHISTECH, Apollo Enterprise Imaging, Corista, Hamamatsu Photonics, Huron Digital Pathology, Indica Labs, Koninklijke Philips, Leica Biosystems, Objective Pathology Services, Ventana Medical Systems, Visiopharm, XIFIN, etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal