According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Digital Pathology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global digital pathology market reached a value of US$ 850.2 Million in 2022. Digital pathology (DP) is generally used by healthcare professionals for interpreting pathology information of animals and humans. It involves the utilization of computer-aided machines that assist in creating and sharing images and live recording of internal organs that aid in the treatment of various acute conditions. It is widely used for a wide range of healthcare applications, including diagnostic consultation, medical student and resident training, and semi-quantitative review of immunohistochemistry (IHC), diagnostic decision support, clinical research and tumor boards. Due to the increasing penetration of information technology (IT) across the healthcare sector, this is providing an impetus to the market growth.
Global Digital Pathology Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of chronic diseases among the masses. This is supported by the increasing geriatric population and the sedentary lifestyle led by individuals. Moreover, the growing investments by private and public agencies for improving the overall healthcare infrastructure are creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, continual technological advancements and the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and molecular technology with digital pathology systems are providing a boost to the market. Furthermore, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted in the field of life sciences and the widespread product adoption across medical institutes are impacting the market growth favorably. With the sudden outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) followed by the subsequent lockdown restrictions, there has been a considerable rise in the demand for digital pathology across the globe. Other factors, including the increasing number of clinical laboratories and diagnostic centers, continuous product innovations and miniaturization, and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,531.1 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into scanners, software, storage systems and communication systems.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into human and veterinary pathology.
- On the basis of the delivery model, the market has been segregated into on-premises and hosted.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into training and education, consulting services, intraoperative consultation, routine diagnostic consultation services and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, hospitals and reference laboratories and academic and research institutes.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others) and the Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include DHISTECH, Apollo Enterprise Imaging, Corista, Hamamatsu Photonics, Huron Digital Pathology, Indica Labs, Koninklijke Philips, Leica Biosystems, Objective Pathology Services, Ventana Medical Systems, Visiopharm and XIFIN.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Type, Delivery Model, End-User, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
||DHISTECH, Apollo Enterprise Imaging, Corista, Hamamatsu Photonics, Huron Digital Pathology, Indica Labs, Koninklijke Philips, Leica Biosystems, Objective Pathology Services, Ventana Medical Systems, Visiopharm and XIFIN
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800