According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Dimethyl Ether Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global dimethyl ether market reached a value of US$ 6.1 Billion in 2022. Dimethyl ether (DME) refers to a colorless and non-toxic organic compound that is flammable at ambient conditions. Usually available in a gaseous state at normal temperature and pressure (NTP), it can be easily liquified upon being subjected to cooling or a moderate change in pressure, thereby making it convenient for storage and transportation purposes. It is obtained by converting natural gas, organic waste or biomass into synthesis gas, which is further converted into DME via direct or two-step synthesis. DME is degradable in the atmosphere, renewable in nature and characterized by a high cetane value. It is used as a major substitute for energy fuels in diesel engines. Additionally, it is extensively employed to replace transportation fuels, power plant fuels and propane in liquified petroleum gas (LPG) while also being utilized as a raw material in the production of numerous chemical products.
Global Dimethyl Ether Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the shifting focus toward the utilization of cleaner sources of energy. DME is widely replacing petrol and diesel across the globe as it offers similar properties with low soot and carbon emissions. Its usage aids in minimizing the harmful effects on both human health and the environment, which has led to its widespread preference among the masses. The growing utilization of DME across the domestic segment is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. It is extensively utilized in LPG blending as it lowers soot and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. This is facilitated by the numerous favorable initiatives undertaken by various governmental regulatory bodies to encourage the use of DME in LPG blending. Additionally, the increasing environmental consciousness among the masses and an enhanced focus on sustainable development have impelled numerous automobile players to invest in the research for the potential use of DME in vehicles, which, in turn, is expected to create numerous growth opportunities in the market. The market is further driven by the increasing utilization of the organic compound in the oil and gas sector to enhance the oil recovery rates and improve the overall efficiency of drilling and fracturing processes. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.67% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been divided into methanol, coal, natural gas, bio-based and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into fuel, aerosol propellent, LPG blending, chemical feedstock and others.
- On the basis of the end-use industry, the market has been categorized into oil and gas, automotive, power generation, cosmetics, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Akzo Nobel N.V., Cornerstone Chemical Company B.V., Chinese Energy Holdings Limited, ENN Energy Holdings Limited, Grillo-Werke AG, Korea Gas Corporation, Mitsubishi Corporation, Oberon Fuels, Royal Dutch Shell plc, The Chemours Company LLC, and Zagros Petrochemical Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Raw Material, Application, End-Use Industry, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Akzo Nobel N.V., Cornerstone Chemical Company B.V., Chinese Energy Holdings Limited, ENN Energy Holdings Limited, Grillo-Werke AG, Korea Gas Corporation, Mitsubishi Corporation, Oberon Fuels, Royal Dutch Shell plc, The Chemours Company LLC, and Zagros Petrochemical Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800