According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Distributed Antenna System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global distributed antenna system market reached a value of US$ 11.6 Billion in 2021. A distributed antenna system (DAS) refers to a network of spatially separated antenna nodes that are connected to a shared source and distributed throughout a specific area or building to offer wireless service within the geographic location. Its usage is widely associated with improving network performance while providing full strength mobile signal to any connected remote antenna. The antennas are commonly placed in a manner that offers full coverage without overlapping with others, thereby minimizing the total number of antennas required to cover a vast space. This system is designed for both outdoor and indoor applications as it efficiently powers a wide range of area with little to no disturbances. As a result, it is extensively employed at airports, hotels, hospitals, schools, subways, roadway tunnels and retail spaces to provide seamless wireless network coverage.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Distributed Antenna System Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing adoption of smart devices by individuals. With the reduced average selling prices of numerous smart gadgets and the growing adoption of digitization across numerous industry verticals, there has been a rising need for uninterrupted connectivity and strong network infrastructure across the globe. This, coupled with the rising requirement for extended network coverage, is providing an impetus to the market growth. The market is further driven by the increasing utilization of DAS as an essential component for outdoor network plans by numerous cellular service providers on the global level. Moreover, the rapid expansion of smart city projects is also acting as a major growth-inducing factor as these structures are heavily dependent on public Wi-Fi and cellular networks to perform day-to-day tasks. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the rising deployment of multi-operator resources across various sectors and the growing preference for hybrid active/passive DAS among end users. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the offering, the market has been bifurcated into components and services.
- Based on the system type, the market has been divided into active, passive, digital, and hybrid.
- On the basis of the coverage, the market has been classified into indoor, and outdoor.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into carrier wi-fi, small cells, self-organizing network, and others.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been categorized into manufacturing, healthcare, government, transportation, hospitality, public venues, education, telecommunication, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include American Tower Corporation, Boingo Wireless Inc., Cobham Wireless, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings, CommScope Inc., Corning Incorporated, Dali Wireless Inc., TE Connectivity, Westell Technologies Inc., and Zinwave (McWane Inc.).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800