According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “DNA Methylation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global DNA methylation market size reached US$ 1.30 Billion in 2022. Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) methylation refers to a biological process in which a methyl group is added to the cytosine base of a DNA molecule. It is an epigenetic modification process that alters gene expression patterns without changing the underlying DNA sequence. It is analyzed through various technologies, such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR), microarray, bisulfite sequencing, immunoprecipitation (IP), and nanopore sequencing. DNA methylation is widely used for disease diagnosis and prognosis, prenatal screening, drug development, epigenetic research, and forensic analysis. It provides a deeper understanding of disease mechanisms and progression, which aids in early disease detection, improving clinical outcomes, minimizing complications, and enhancing patient satisfaction.
DNA Methylation Market Trends:
The escalating prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), is one of the key factors driving the market growth. DNA methylation is widely used as a biomarker to identify epigenetic changes associated with certain conditions, thus allowing early disease detection, improving patient outcomes, and reducing healthcare costs. In addition to this, the rising geriatric population with high susceptibility to developing chronic conditions is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of DNA methylation as a non-invasive diagnostic tool for monitoring diseases, which enhances patient comfort and reduces the risk of complications, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the recent development of single-cell sequencing technology that allows fast, more accurate, and in-depth analysis of DNA methylation patterns is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing applications of DNA methylation in prenatal screening to detect chromosomal abnormalities and identify various genetic disorders, such as down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, and cystic fibrosis, is facilitating the market growth. Other factors, including rising healthcare expenditure, the increasing utilization of DNA methylation to develop new plant varieties, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and growing demand for precision medicine, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 2.93 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 14.60% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into consumables, kits and reagents, enzymes, and instrument and software. Among these, consumables represented the largest segment.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into polymerase chain reaction (PCR), microarray, sequencing, and others. At present, sequencing accounts for the largest market share.
- On the basis of application, the market has been divided into gene therapy, clinical research, diagnostics, and others. Currently, clinical research represents the largest segment.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into hospital and diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and research and academia. Among these, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies accounted for the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America represented the largest market.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abcam plc., Active Motif Inc., Diagenode S.A. (Hologic Inc.), EpiGentek Group Inc., Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc., Zymo Research Corporation, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Consumables, Kits and Reagents, Enzymes, Instrument and Software
||Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Microarray, Sequencing, Others
||Gene Therapy, Clinical Research, Diagnostics, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospital and Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Research and Academia
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abcam plc., Active Motif Inc., Diagenode S.A. (Hologic Inc.), EpiGentek Group Inc., Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc., Zymo Research Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800