The global DNA methylation market size reached US$ 1.30 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.93 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 14.60% during 2023-2028. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, rising number of clinical trials, and the growing adoption of organic farming practices represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) methylation is an epigenetic mechanism used by cells to control gene expression. It occurs when a methyl group (CH3) is added to the 5’ position of the cytosine, followed by a guanine in the DNA sequence. It is used as a biomarker to identify specific genetic markers that are associated with certain diseases or conditions. It is also utilized to manipulate gene expression in plants for allowing the development of new plant varieties with desirable traits, such as improved yield, disease resistance, and tolerance to environmental stresses. It can also be used as a tool for forensic identification and determination of familial relationships and help in the investigation of crimes. As a result, it is widely utilized across the globe to perform various laboratory applications and study biological systems and the evolution of different species.
DNA Methylation Market Trends:
The surging prevalence of severe chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for DNA methylation around the world. Moreover, the increasing aging population, which is more prone to these disorders, and increasing improvement in medical infrastructure and diagnostic technologies are bolstering the growth of the market. In addition, the rising preference for personalized medicines and new generation drugs and formulations is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, increasing cases of genetic disorders, including muscular dystrophy and cystic fibrosis, are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the expanding number of clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies is propelling the growth of the market. Besides this, changing climatic conditions, declining arable land, rising food security concerns, and the growing awareness about the harmful effects of chemical-based fertilizers are catalyzing the need for eco-friendly solutions to improve crop yield. This, coupled with the increasing adoption of organic farming practices that involve the chemical-free production of crops and seeds and the shifting consumer preferences for organic food products, is strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, measures undertaken by governments and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) of several countries to make quality healthcare facilities accessible are anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global DNA methylation market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology, application, and end user.
- Kits and Reagents
- Instrument and Software
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the DNA methylation market based on the product. This includes consumables, kits and reagents, enzymes, and instrument and software. According to the report, consumables represented the largest segment.
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the DNA methylation market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes polymerase chain reaction (PCR), microarray, sequencing, and others. According to the report, sequencing accounted for the largest market share.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the DNA methylation market based on the application. This includes gene therapy, clinical research, diagnostics, and others. According to the report, clinical research represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Hospital and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research and Academia
A detailed breakup and analysis of the DNA methylation market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital and diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and research and academia. According to the report, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for DNA methylation. Some of the factors driving the North America DNA methylation market included the increasing awareness about early diagnosis, rising product launches, easy availability of adequate treatment, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global tea market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered Abcam plc., Active Motif Inc., Diagenode S.A. (Hologic Inc.), EpiGentek Group Inc., Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc., Zymo Research Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Consumables, Kits and Reagents, Enzymes, Instrument and Software
||Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Microarray, Sequencing, Others
||Gene Therapy, Clinical Research, Diagnostics, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospital and Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Research and Academia
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abcam plc., Active Motif Inc., Diagenode S.A. (Hologic Inc.), EpiGentek Group Inc., Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc., Zymo Research Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global DNA methylation market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global DNA methylation market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global DNA methylation market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive DNA methylation markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the DNA methylation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the DNA methylation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the DNA methylation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the DNA methylation market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global DNA methylation market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global DNA methylation market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the DNA methylation market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global DNA methylation market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the DNA methylation industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.