According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dried Soup Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global dried soup market size reached US$ 12.0 Billion in 2019. Dried soup is prepared by drying or dehydrating the ingredients, along with adding pre-gelatinized starch, sugar, guar and xantham gum, preservatives and flavoring agents. The most common method used in the manufacturing of dried soup is freeze-drying. This process minimizes the weight of the food product by removing the water content without affecting the nutritional value, thereby making its transportation and storage more efficient. In recent years, the demand for dried soup has increased as it is shelf-stable and can be stored without the need for refrigeration.
Global Dried Soup Market Trends:
The dried soup consists of grains, eggs, meat and vegetables and offers several health benefits, such as reducing the chances of infections and boosting energy levels. This, along with the evolving dietary preferences and hectic lifestyles of consumers, is encouraging them to adopt food products that are convenient to prepare. As a result, many food and beverage companies are offering ready-to-eat or instant soups as a quick meal or snack option. Also, as people are becoming more health-conscious, they are becoming more inclined toward organic dry soups that are prepared with fewer or no preservatives. Moreover, the leading manufacturers are launching international varieties, such as Thai curry and Korean spicy vegetable soups in Western countries, to attract and expand their consumer base. Some of the other factors propelling the growth of the market are innovative product packaging and expansion of organized distribution channels. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 13.6 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2020-2025.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented as dehydrated and instant dried soup. Dehydrated soups dominate the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into vegetarian and non-vegetarian soups. Currently, vegetarian soups are the most preferred type across the globe.
- The market has been categorized based on the preparation into regular and organic products. At present, regular dried soup accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been classified into cups, pouches and others., Amongst these, pouches hold the leading position in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, dried soup is majorly distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets. Other major distribution channels are convenience stores, grocery stores, direct sales, online stores and others.
- Region-wise, Europe exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Associated British Foods plc, B&G Foods, Inc., Baxters Food Group Limited, Campbell Soup Company, Shandong Subo Food Co., Ltd., Anderson House Foods (Frontier Soups), General Mills Inc., Hain Celestial Group, Inc., House Foods Group Inc., Kraft Heinz Company, Kroger Co., Nestlé SA, Nissin Foods Holdings Co., Ltd., NK Hurst Company, Inc., Unilever plc/NV and Premier Foods plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331