According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Drilling and Completion Fluids Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global drilling and completion fluids market is currently witnessing strong growth. Drilling and completion fluids facilitate oil and gas production and exploration. Drilling fluids, or drilling mud, are viscous fluid mixtures added to the wellbore to transport solids and stabilize exposed rock formations by coating the walls. An effectively planned and maintained drilling-fluid system significantly increases the penetration rate when drilling and protects the reservoir from damage. On the other hand, completion fluids are solids-free liquids used to “complete” an oil or gas well. They improve well productivity by minimizing damage to the producing zone, and help prepare, repair and clean out the wellbore during the completion phase.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Drilling and Completion Fluids Market Trends:
Over the years, the demand for drilling and completion fluids has escalated as they deliver superior performance, resulting in lower well costs. Apart from this, increasing investments in shale gas exploration have led to a rise in the adoption of drilling and completion fluids, as they help in controlling the pressure in the wellbore, prolong the life of the drilling equipment by reducing friction and associated heat, and facilitate final operations before the production phase. Moreover, governments of various nations are undertaking favorable initiatives to promote the utilization of sustainable drilling and completion fluids. In line with this, market players are developing recyclable and biodegradable variants of completion and drilling fluids. Along with this, the utilization of nanotechnology in the development of high-performance fluids has significantly contributed to the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market is projected to expand at a CAGR of around 5% during 2020-2025.
- Based on the system type, the market has been segmented into water-based, oil-based, synthetic fluid-based and other systems.
- On the basis of the well type, the market has been bifurcated into HPHT (High Pressure High Temperature) and conventional wells.
- The market has been classified based on the application into onshore and offshore.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Baker Hughes Company, CES Energy Solutions, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Drilling Fluids & Chemicals Limited, Halliburton Company, National Oilwell Varco, Inc., Newpark Resources Inc., Q'Max Solutions Inc., Sagemines, Schlumberger, Scomi Group Berhad, Secure Energy Services Inc., Tetra Technologies, Inc. and Weatherford International.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800