The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Drone Data Services Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global drone data services market size reached US$ 1.18 Billion in 2021. Drone data services, also known as unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) services, involve collecting, analyzing, and distributing digital data gathered through aerial surveys. They utilize drones equipped with a range of cameras and sensors, including red, green, and blue (RGB) cameras and light detection and ranging (LiDAR) payloads. These drones are used to capture still images, videos, thermal images, and multispectral images of the ground from different angles and produce geo-referenced orthomosaics and 3D models of the area. They provide high-quality, detailed, and accurate data in a cost-effective and quick manner. As a result, drone data services find extensive applications across various industries, including agriculture, aerospace, mining, oil and gas, media and entertainment, marine, healthcare, and transportation.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Drone Data Services Market Trends:
The increasing applications of drone data services across numerous sectors represent the primary factors driving the market growth. For instance, drone data services are widely used in the construction sector to perform critical tasks remotely, such as automated mapping, cadastral and corridor surveying, volumetric land calculations, light detection and ranging (LiDAR) mapping. Additionally, drone data services are extensively utilized in the agriculture industry for obtaining information on soil type, hydrography, topography, and land development. Along with this, the widespread adoption of drones in commercial sectors and the rising usage of data collected by drones in operational and big data analytics have catalyzed the demand for drone data services. Furthermore, recent technological advancements in the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and cloud-based storage have facilitated businesses to easily upload, store, process, and share aerial images. Besides this, several leading players are emphasizing on research and development (R&D) activities to introduce autonomous drones for intracity transportation to mitigate traffic congestion problems and air pollution, which is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the surging popularity of cloud-based drone data services, rising construction activities, shifting inclination toward precision agriculture, and product innovations, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8.27 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 36.60% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the service type, the market has been classified into mapping and surveying, photogrammetry, 3D modeling and digital elevation model (DEM), and others.
- On the basis of the platform, the market has been bifurcated into cloud-based and operator software.
- The market has been divided based on the end user into real estate and construction, agriculture, security and law enforcement, mining, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 4D Mapper Pty Ltd, Aerialair, Autodesk Inc., Cyberhawk Innovations, DroneDeploy Inc., GeoCue Group Inc., Ninox Robotics Pty Ltd., Pix4D SA, PrecisionHawk, Inc., Sentera Inc., Skycatch Inc., and SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal