According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Drug Screening Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global drug screening market reached a value of US$ 6.0 Billion in 2022. A drug screening or a drug test is the collection and analysis of blood, hair, urine, or saliva to detect the presence of chemicals and contaminants in the body due to drug consumption or use. It is also used to detect performance-improving drugs, such as steroids and HGH, which are sometimes used by athletes. There are different types of drug screening, such as urine drug screening, saliva drug screening, blood drug screening, and hair testing. Various corporates also conduct it to ensure a safe workplace for the employees. Its primary applications are employers screening for drugs prohibited by law and police officers testing for the presence and concentration of alcohol in the blood. Drug detection depends upon various factors, such as age, amount and frequency of use, body mass, drug class, metabolic rate, overall health, and urine pH.
Global Drug Screening Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing incidences of illegal drugs consumptions. In line with this, the rising prevalence of drug addiction and the growing crime rates associated with drug abuse are significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, various stringent regulations by government agencies mandating alcohol and drug screening for safety purposes are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the growing initiatives by the governments to monitor and combat substance abuse are creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the increasing alcohol use among adolescents and the senior population, overuse of prescribed pharmaceuticals, and the growing use of opioids and illegal drugs are catalyzing the market. Besides, the rapid adoption of drug screening products and services on the road to avoid drink-and-drive cases is propelling the market. Some of the other factors driving the market include the escalating road accidents due to overdose of drugs, continual product launches and services, and the increasingly unlawful use of steroids by professional athletes. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 9.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product and service, the market has been categorized into equipment (immunoassay analyzers, chromatography instruments, and breath analyzers), rapid testing devices (urine testing devices and oral fluid testing devices), consumables (assay kits, sample collection cups, calibrators and controls, and others), and laboratory services.
- Based on the sample type, the market has been classified into urine samples, breath samples, oral fluid samples, hair samples, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, drug testing laboratories, workplaces, drug treatment centers, pain management centers, personal users, and criminal justice systems and law enforcement agencies.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Abbott Laboratories, Alfa Scientific Designs Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Lifeloc Technologies Inc., Omega Laboratories Inc., OraSure Technologies Inc., Psychemedics Corporation, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Siemens AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product and Service, Sample Type, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Alfa Scientific Designs Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Lifeloc Technologies Inc., Omega Laboratories Inc., OraSure Technologies Inc., Psychemedics Corporation, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Siemens AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800