According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Electric Two-Wheeler Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global electric two-wheeler market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Electric two-wheelers are self-propelling automobiles that are designed to operate on battery-based electric motors. These vehicles include motorcycles, mopeds and scooters that are widely used by individuals for covering short distances in a versatile manner as they assist in easily maneuvering through congested roads. They are commonly associated with zero carbon emissions, compact design, improved affordability and enhanced fuel efficiency. Apart from this, these two-wheelers are also characterized by several operational benefits and low maintenance costs. As a result, they are gaining widespread popularity as efficient and eco-friendly alternatives to gasoline-powered vehicles.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Electric Two-Wheeler Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for eco-friendly personal vehicles among the masses. The growing environmental concerns regarding the increasing pollution levels due to the widespread utilization fuel-based automobiles across the globe has contributed to the rising awareness toward the economic and ecological benefits of adopting electric vehicles. These vehicles are commonly powered by unconventional power sources, such as rechargeable batteries or solar panels, thereby encouraging individuals to opt for these eco-friendly alternatives. The market is further driven by the numerous favorable initiatives undertaken by the governments of several countries to promote the use of electric vehicles in an attempt to reduce the increasingCO2 emission levels. Multiple governments are now offering tax rebates and subsidies upon purchasing electric vehicles, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, these two-wheelers are widely utilized by e-commerce companies for providing postal and delivery servicesin a quick and convenient manner. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the high depletion rates of petrol and diesel and the continuous up gradation of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructures. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 10% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been divided into electric scooters/moped and electric motorcycles.
- Based on the battery type, the market has been bifurcated into lithium-ion and sealed lead acid (SLA).
- On the basis of the voltage type, the market has been classified into <48v, 48-60v, 61-72v, 73-96v and >96v.
- Based on the peak power, the market has been categorized into <3 kw, 3-6 kw, 7-10 kw and >10 kw.
- On the basis of the battery technology, the market has been segmented into removable and non-removable.
- Based on the motor placement, the market has been bifurcated into hub type and chassis mounted.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players includeAIMA Technology Co. Ltd., Ampere Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., BMW AG, Energica Motor Company S.p.A., GOVECS AG, Hero Electric Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., Mahindra GenZe, Terra Motors Corporation, Vmoto Limited, Yadea Technology Group Co. Ltd., and Zero Motorcycles, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800