The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “EMI Shielding Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global EMI shielding market reached a value of US$ 6.69 Billion in 2021. Electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding protects sensitive mechanical devices from external electromagnetic signals with an enclosure or coating to reduce the electromagnetic field. It can also prevent a stronger signal from leaking out and interfering with the surrounding electronics as it blocks the field with conductive or magnetic materials. Traditionally, EMI shielding solutions were fabricated from metal sheets and formed into shapes that fit electronic housings or enclosures. However, nowadays, they are made using metallic screens to absorb EMI that is transmitted through the air. EMI shielding finds application in consumer electronics, telecom and IT, automotive, healthcare, and defense sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global EMI Shielding Market Trends:
The global EMI shielding market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for consumer electronics, such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, and computers. As a result, manufacturers are focusing on using conductive materials, such as EMI shielding, in their production lines. Besides this, the rapid growth of the automotive industry is also propelling the market growth. EMI shielding is utilized in GPS navigation and infotainment systems and Bluetooth devices in a vehicle. Moreover, various research and development (R&D) activities have introduced EMI shielding materials and technology in numerous applications, such as remote starters, power seats, power windows, automatic sliding doors, and keyless ignition. Furthermore, the emergence of electrical and hybrid vehicles and advancements in the 4G and 5G network technologies are some of the other factors providing a positive outlook to the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into EMI shielding tapes and laminates, conductive coatings and paints, metal shielding, conductive polymers, EMI/EMC filters, and others.
- On the basis of the shielding method, the market has been classified into radiation and conduction.
- The market has been categorized based on the end use industry into consumer electronics (smartphones, tablets, television, and others), telecom and IT, automotive, healthcare, defense and aerospace, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Parker Chomerics (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Dow Inc., ETS-Lindgren Inc. (ESCO Technologies Holding Inc), Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Kitagawa Industries (Nitto Kogyo Corporation), Laird Technologies Inc. (Advent International Corporation), Leader Tech Inc. (HEICO Corporation), PPG Industries Inc., RTP Company (Miller Waste Mills Inc.), Schaffner Holding AG, and Tech-Etch Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800