According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Empty Capsules Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global empty capsules market size reached US$ 2.8 Billion in 2022. An empty capsule is a consumable, typically cylindrical shape, specifically designed to encapsulate various drugs, vitamins, and dietary supplements. They offer a vehicle for the delivery of numerous therapeutic agents into the body and are available in different sizes and types such as gelatin or vegetarian based. The contents of these capsules may include both liquids and solids, with each type designed to dissolve within the human body at different rates, allowing for the controlled release of the contained substances. Additionally, they are an essential element of the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries, acting as an indispensable tool in the administration of medicines and dietary supplements. They offer numerous benefits, including easy ingestion, masking unpleasant tastes or odors of the encapsulated substances, and providing options for patients with specific dietary or religious requirements. The precise dosage control they provide, coupled with their user-friendly nature, makes them an integral component of global healthcare solutions.
Global Empty Capsules Market Trends:
The global market for empty capsules is experiencing significant growth due to the rising health consciousness among consumers and the increasing self-administration of over-the-counter dietary supplements. There is a robust demand for nutraceuticals, particularly in developed nations, bolstering the market growth for empty capsules. Along with this, the aging population across the globe, accompanied by an increased incidence of chronic diseases, necessitates a higher production of pharmaceuticals, thus augmenting the demand for empty capsules. In addition, the escalating need for customization in drug delivery and the advancement in capsule delivery technologies are significantly supporting the market. Apart from this, the increasing pharmaceutical manufacturing in developing countries, due to favorable government policies and low production costs is also positively influencing the market. Furthermore, the advent of innovative capsule types, including enteric-coated and vegetarian capsules addresses issues, such as drug release control, and caters to the dietary preferences or restrictions of various population segments, and is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include rapid urbanization and technological advancements. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 4.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into gelatin and non-gelatin capsules.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market is segregated into pig meat, bovine meat, bone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), and others.
- Based on the functionality, the market has been segmented into immediate-, sustained-, and delayed-release capsules.
- On the basis of the therapeutic application, the market is segregated into antibiotic and antibacterial drugs, vitamins and dietary supplements, antacid and antiflatulent preparations, cardiovascular therapy drugs, and others.
- Based on the end user the market has been segmented into pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmetics, and other industries.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ACG Associated Capsules Pvt. Ltd., Bright Pharma Caps Inc., CapsCanada Corporation, HealthCaps India Limited, Lonza Group AG, Medicaps Limited, Qualicaps Co. Ltd. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Nectar Lifesciences Limited, Roxlor LLC, Shanxi Guangsheng Medicinal Capsules Co. Ltd, Snail Pharma Industry Co. Ltd, Suheung Co. Ltd and Sunil Healthcare Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Raw Material, Functionality, Therapeutic Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ACG Associated Capsules Pvt. Ltd., Bright Pharma Caps Inc., CapsCanada Corporation, HealthCaps India Limited, Lonza Group AG, Medicaps Limited, Qualicaps Co. Ltd. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Nectar Lifesciences Limited, Roxlor LLC, Shanxi Guangsheng Medicinal Capsules Co. Ltd, Snail Pharma Industry Co. Ltd, Suheung Co. Ltd and Sunil Healthcare Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800