The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Fermented Ingredients Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global fermented ingredients market size reached US$ 25.2 Billion in 2022. Fermented ingredients are employed as food additives to trigger fermentation in various food and non-food products. Some commonly used fermented ingredients include industrial enzymes, biogas, vitamins, xanthan, amino acids, and antibiotics. They are acidic in nature and comprise healthy bacteria and yeast that break down carbohydrates, starch, and sugars in foods, thereby improving digestive health. They can extend the shelf life and alter the texture, flavor, and state of the food. They are widely used to facilitate microbial growth and enzymatic conversion to produce cultured milk, yogurt, cider, wine, beer, kombucha, tempeh, miso, kimchi, and fermented meats. As a result, fermented ingredients find extensive applications across various industries, including food and beverage, biofuel, textile, paper, cosmetics and personal care, and pharmaceuticals.
Global Fermented Ingredients Market Trends:
The escalating demand for fermented ingredients from the food and beverage industry represents the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, there has been widespread adoption of amino acid-based fermented ingredients to preserve foods and prepare premium-quality fermented alcoholic beverages. Besides this, the growing consumer awareness regarding the benefits associated with the consumption of fermented ingredients has escalated the product demand. In line with this, the surging incidences of digestive ailments and the shifting consumer inclination toward high protein diets have augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the increasing applications of fermented ingredients in the pharmaceutical sector for breaking down compounds under aerobic or anaerobic conditions and improving the bioavailability of medicinal compounds are positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the growing product usage in cosmetic and personal care products to elevate the level of antioxidants, slow down the aging process, and enhance overall skin health has accelerated the adoption of fermented ingredients. Other factors, including the rising consumption of beer, increasing product adoption in animal feed, emerging biofuel applications, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 42.3 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into amino acids, organic acids, polymers, vitamins, industrial enzymes, antibiotics, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been bifurcated into dry and liquid.
- The market has been classified based on the process into batch, continuous, aerobic, and anaerobic fermentation.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into food and beverages, feed, pharmaceutical, paper, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Ajinomoto Co. Inc, AngelYeast Co. Ltd., Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Associated British Foods plc, BASF SE, Cargill Incorporated, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Döhler GmbH, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lallemand Inc., and Lonza Group AG.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Form, Process, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ajinomoto Co. Inc, AngelYeast Co. Ltd., Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Associated British Foods plc, BASF SE, Cargill Incorporated, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Döhler, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lallemand Inc. and Lonza Group AG
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800