According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Fermenters Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global fermenters market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2022. Fermenters, also called stirred-tank bioreactors, are small, sterilized process vessels or tanks that are used to cultivate heterotrophic microalgae. They comprise various sensors, probes, and controlled clean-in-place systems to maintain and monitor optimal levels of microbial growth. Additionally, they are also used to hold the wort, which is a mixture of water, malt, hops, and other ingredients mainly incorporated in numerous industrial procedures. They are widely available in various shapes and sizes and are sealed to allow the build-up of carbon dioxide pressure. They are widely utilized to manufacture several products, such as cellulose, protease, amylase, citric acid, glutamic acid, vinegar, ethanol, lipase, streptomycin and lactic acid. Besides this, they are also found in numerous applications, such as biological wastewater treatment, industrial solvents and pulp and paper production.
Global Fermenters Market Trends:
Significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry majorly drives the global market. Due to their large production capability and high tolerance toward unusual growth conditions, such as acidic or high temperatures, fermenters are preferred in the research and development (R&D) of pharmaceutical drugs. Therefore, they are extensively deployed in the pharmaceutical industry to produce a variety of enzymes and chemical compounds, which is positively influencing the market. Coupled with this, the increasing prevalence of infectious and chronic diseases, such as cancer and coronavirus disease (COVID-19), is escalating the demand for biological drugs, further impacting the demand for fermenters across the globe. Apart from this, the rising product applications in the food and beverage industry to alter and preserve the texture of dairy items, vegetables, grains, and soy products are acting as another growth-inducing factor. In addition, the growing awareness among individuals regarding the health benefits of fermented food products and the augmenting need for improved digestion, immune system and intestinal tract are providing a thrust to the market. Moreover, the rising incorporation of fermenters with advanced technologies to facilitate data acquisition and storage, filtering, measurement, calculations, process monitoring, error detection, and unit conversion is creating a positive market outlook. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market size is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the process, the market has been segmented into batch, fed-batch, and continuous.
- Based on the mode of operation, the market has been classified into semi-automatic and automatic.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been categorized into stainless-steel and glass.
- Based on the end user, the market has been bifurcated into food and beverages, pharmaceutical, personal care, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Applikon Biotechnology B.V. (Getinge AB), bbi-biotech GmbH, Bioengineering AG, CerCell A/S, Electrolab Biotech Ltd, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, General Electric Company, Pierre Guérin SAS (ENGIE Group Company), Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and ZETA Holding GmbH.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Process, Mode of Operation, Material, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Applikon Biotechnology B.V. (Getinge AB), bbi-biotech GmbH, Bioengineering AG, CerCell A/S, Electrolab Biotech Ltd, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, General Electric Company, Pierre Guérin SAS (ENGIE Group Company), Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and ZETA Holding GmbH
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800