According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Flash Memory Card Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global flash memory card market size grew at a CAGR of around 4% during 2013-2018. A flash memory card is a storage device that is utilized for storing data and media files. The device uses non-volatile semiconductor memory for saving texts, audio, video and pictures in portable and handheld devices. Although this primary storage device does not lose the data when removed from the device, it can be easily erased or reformatted and reused by the users. Apart from this, it is compact in size, shock-resistant, and extremely durable. As a result, it is ideal for use in a wide array of devices, including mobile phones, laptops, printers, digital cameras, digital camcorders, MP3 players, synthesizers, digital pianos, electric keyboards and portable media players.
Global Flash Memory Card Market Trends:
The rapidly increasing sales of smart devices across the globe is one of the leading factors contributing to the rising demand for flash memory cards. Flash memory cards not only form an indispensable component of these cameras but also are extremely convenient to use as they do not require external programming. Furthermore, significant technological advancements have enabled the launch of several variants with higher storage capabilities. For instance, Longsys Electronics Co., Ltd, a DMS (Design, Module, Service) company based in China, launched a flash memory card with a capacity of 1TB, under its Lexar brand in January 2019. The card is geared toward professional content creators who manage huge volumes of high-definition images and videos. Additionally, the advent of 3D NAND, an emerging technology that is expected to offer higher storage capacity in reduced space, is providing further stimulus to the market growth.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into Secure Digital (SD), memory sticks, MultiMediaCard (MMC), compact flash, picture card and smart media.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online.
- On the basis of the application, smart devices exhibit a clear dominance in the market, accounting for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include cameras and camcorders, and others.
- On the geographical front, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been studied, with the detailed profiles of the leading companies. Some of the key players operating in the market include SanDisk, IMEC, Corsair Components Inc., G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., Mushkin Enhanced MFG., Kingston Technology Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., SK Hynix Inc., Toshiba Corporation and Transcend Information, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 | https://www.imarcgroup.com