According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Flat Glass Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global flat glass market size reached US$ 104.5 Billion in 2018. Flat glass refers to a type of glass that is manufactured to form thin or wide slab planar structures. It is available in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and thickness, and is widely utilized in doors, windows, mirrors, windshields, solar panels and transparent walls. This form of glass is prepared by melting sand, silica and soda ash into a liquid, which is then spread on a plane surface, depending upon the required thickness and shape. These sheets of glass can be transparent or treated with certain elements for an opalescent or iridescent look. Depending upon the application, the glass can also be bent after production. Since it is highly flexible and customizable in nature, it is widely utilized by numerous industries for a wide array of applications.
Global Flat Glass Market Trends:
Rapid urbanization and industrialization across the globe, especially in developing economies, are primarily driving the growth of the market. The emerging trend of green construction on account of the growing environmental consciousness and enhanced focus on sustainable development by the governments of numerous countries is significantly driving the demand for flat glass. In addition to this, growing awareness regarding the hazardous effects of using conventional sources of energy has led to the shift toward renewable energy sources. Consequently, there is an increase in the adoption rates of solar panels, which has bolstered the sales of flat glass on a global level. Furthermore, since these glasses are extensively utilized for manufacturing windshields and windows in vehicles, the thriving automotive industry is also providing a boost to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 153.3 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 6.6% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the technology, the market has been divided into float, sheet and rolled glasses.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into basic float, toughened, coated, laminated, extra clear, insulated and other types of glass.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been segregated into sand, soda ash, recycled glass, dolomite, limestone and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been classified into safety and security, solar control and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into fabricated and non-fabricated.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been divided into construction, automotive, solar energy, electronics and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, along with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the players include AGC Inc., Saint-Gobain, Koch Industries, Inc., Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd, Central Glass Co., Ltd., Cardinal Glass Industries, Inc, Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co. Ltd., ?i?ecam Group, Taiwan Glass Ind Corp, CSG Holding Co. Ltd, Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., DB Glass and Shower Door, and Gulf Glass Industries.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 | https://www.imarcgroup.com