According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Food Enzymes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global food enzymes market reached a value of US$ 3.2 Billion in 2021. Food enzymes are biocatalysts that accelerate the chemical reaction responsible for breaking down complex nutrients, such as carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and fats, into simpler forms. They are naturally produced by the body or can be procured from various sources, like plants, animal tissues, and microbial-based ingredients. Food enzymes offer several health benefits, including converting food into energy, preventing irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), increasing nutrient absorption, and supporting weight loss. Consequently, they are widely adopted in the food and beverage (F&B) industry to improve the flavor, texture, quality, and fragrance of products. They are used in bakery and dairy items to increase their shelf-life, while maintaining the nutritional quotient.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Food Enzymes Market Trends:
A significant expansion in the food processing industry and the escalating demand for nutraceuticals led by rising health concerns and improving dietary practices are majorly driving the global food enzymes market growth. In line with this, the inflating sales of ready-to-eat (RTE), packaged, and baked food products are further facilitating the product adoption across the globe. Moreover, food enzymes are being extensively used to extract, clarify, and filtrate fruit and vegetable juices, which is acting a growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the utilization of innovative and genetically engineered food enzymes for processing and tenderizing red meat, poultry, and seafood products are also fueling the market growth. Other factors contributing to the market growth include extensive research and development (R&D) activities and the advent of technologically advanced cold chain facilities, particularly in developing regions. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.97% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into carbohydrase (amylase, cellulase, lactase, pectinase, and others), protease, lipase, and others.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been segmented into microorganisms, plants, and animals.
- Based on the formulation, the market has been segregated into powder, liquid, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into beverages, processed foods, dairy, bakery, confectionery products, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined,with some of the key players being DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Amway, BASF, DSM, Novozymes, Chr. Hansen, Kerry Group, Biocatalysts, Puratos Group, Advanced Enzyme Tech, Sequence Biotech, Amano Enzyme, Aum Enzymes, Bioseutica, Dyadic International Inc., etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800