IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Food Safety Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global food safety testing market size reached US$ 21.2 Billion in 2022. Food safety testing refers to the analysis of various edible products to determine the presence of disease-causing microorganisms, chemicals and other potentially hazardous compounds. It plays a crucial part in maintaining the overall health and well-being of consumers by ensuring food quality. Some commonly used food safety testing methods include microbiological, chemical and nutritional, allergen, residues and contamination, and genetically modified organism (GMO) testing. These tests aid in ensuring proper food hygiene while controlling and preventing foodborne diseases. Due to this, governments of various countries are implementing stringent food safety regulations, making it mandatory for food products to undergo vigorous testing procedures before being sold in the market.
Global Food Safety Testing Market Trends:
The rising instances of food adulteration and contamination that increase the risks of foodborne diseases represent the primary factor driving the global market. Additionally, the growing awareness regarding food hygiene and safety is another major factor augmenting the demand for food safety testing to maintain the quality of products and prevent potential health hazards to consumers. Besides this, the increasing consumption of packaged and processed foods due to rapid urbanization, hectic lifestyles and elevating incomes, coupled with the rising popularity of quick-service restaurants, is catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, technological advancements in testing procedures and stringent food safety regulations are encouraging food processors to adopt immunoassays (IAs) in food safety testing. Furthermore, several leading players are developing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) kits, immune sera, and standard and chromogenic media to detect pathogens in real-time with more speed and accuracy. This, in confluence with the introduction of innovative food testing methods, is creating a favorable market outlook. On account of these factors, the market is anticipated to reach US$ 36.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.7% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into pathogens, genetically modified organisms, chemicals and toxins, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the food tested into meat and meat products, dairy and dairy products, cereals, grains and pulses, processed food, and others.
- Based on technology, the market has been segregated into agar culturing, PCR-based assay, immunoassay-based, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being ADPEN Laboratories Inc., ALS Limited, AsureQuality Limited, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bureau Veritas, DNV AS (Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas), Eurofins Scientific, Intertek Group plc, Mérieux NutriSciences, NEOGEN Corporation, NSF International, SGS SA and TÜV SÜD.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Food Tested, Technology, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ADPEN Laboratories Inc., ALS Limited, AsureQuality Limited, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bureau Veritas, DNV AS (Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas), Eurofins Scientific, Intertek Group plc, Mérieux NutriSciences, NEOGEN Corporation, NSF International, SGS SA and TÜV SÜD
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal