According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Fusion Splicer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global fusion splicer market size reached US$ 700 Million in 2022. A fusion splicer is used for fusing or welding two fibers together to form a single unit with the help of an electric arc. Under the influence of heat, the fibers are joined with a small gap between them that allows optical light signals to pass through them. Fusion splicing is extensively utilized for numerous applications, owing to the low variable costs and less reflectance associated with the process. It is also employed to achieve low transition losses and offer enhanced stability to the joints. As a result, it is widely gaining prominence across the defense, aerospace and telecommunication sectors.
Global Fusion Splicer Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing adoption of cloud-based infrastructure and the increasing requirement for high-bandwidth networks. Consequently, there has been an increase in the uptake of fiber optic cables as their utilization ensures reliable transmission of data. Since fusion splicers are essential in the joining of two fiber optic cables end to end and restoring severed lines, this is providing a boost to the market growth. Along with this, the growing integration of video, voice and data networks with extensive fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) arrangements is creating a positive outlook for the market. Governments of several countries are also offering technical assistance and investing in the expansion of broadband networks and FTTH deployments, which, in turn, is propelling the demand for fusion splicers. Furthermore, several manufacturers are launching compact and lightweight splicer variants that are integrated with advanced technologies, which are gaining widespread prominence among end users. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) in the field of fiber optics, are driving the market further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the offering, the market has been bifurcated into hardware, and software and services.
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into the single, ribbon and special fiber fusion splicers.
- On the basis of the alignment type, the market has been classified into core and cladding alignment.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into telecommunication, cable TV, enterprises, aerospace and defense, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include FiberOptics.com, Fujikura, GAO Tek (GAO Group of Companies), Ilsintech Trading India Private Limited (UCL Swift Co. Ltd.), INNO Instrument India Pvt. Ltd., Nanjing Jilong Optical Communication Co. Ltd., Signal Fire Technology Co. Ltd., Sumitomo Electric Industries, The Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Offering, Product, Alignment Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||FiberOptics.com, Fujikura, GAO Tek (GAO Group of Companies), Ilsintech Trading India Private Limited (UCL Swift Co. Ltd.), INNO Instrument India Pvt. Ltd., Nanjing Jilong Optical Communication Co. Ltd., Signal Fire Technology Co. Ltd., Sumitomo Electric Industries and The Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800