As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GaN Power Device Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global GaN power device market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. A gallium nitride (GaN) power device refers to a high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) that controls the free-moving electrons in the wide bandgap of semiconductors to generate electrical energy. It has higher electric-field strength, lesser on-resistance and lower output capacitance than silicon metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFET). In recent years, GaN power devices have gained traction as they improve efficiency, conduct more electrons and decrease switch node ringing.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global GaN Power Device Market Trends:
The global GaN power device market is primarily driven by the increasing product applications across various end use industries. For instance, these devices are widely employed in lighting and braking control systems in electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs). GaN power devices are also extensively used in manufacturing healthcare scanning equipment like miniaturized X-ray machines, sonograms, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for diagnostic accuracy and patient comfort. Besides this, they find applications in radars to improve navigation, facilitate real-time air traffic control and prevent collisions. Additionally, the implementation of stringent government policies regarding greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is accelerating the sales of EVs and HEVs and encouraging the adoption of energy-efficient devices. Furthermore, the rapid penetration of the internet of things (IoT) and 5G technology have catalyzed the market growth. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 19% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the device type, the market has been divided into power devices (discrete and integrated power devices) and RF power devices (discrete and integrated RF power devices).
- The market has been segregated based on the voltage range into <200 volt, 200-600 volt and >600 volt.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into power drives, power supply systems and radio frequency-based systems.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segmented into telecommunications, automotive, renewable power generation, military, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, Inc., GaN Systems Inc., IQE PLC, Koninklijke Philips N.V., MACOM Technology Solutions Inc., Microchip Technology, Inc. (Microsemi Corporation), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Navitas Semiconductor Inc., Qorvo, Inc, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Toshiba Corporation and Wolfspeed Inc. (Cree Inc.).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800