According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Gene Synthesis Market by Method (Solid-Phase Synthesis, Chip-Based Synthesis, PCR-Based Enzyme Synthesis), Services (Antibody DNA Synthesis, Viral DNA Synthesis, and Others), Application (Gene and Cell Therapy Development, Vaccine Development, Disease Diagnosis, and Others), End Use (Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies, Academic and Government Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations), and Region 2023-2028,” the global gene synthesis market size reached US$ 1.74 Billion in 2022. Gene synthesis refers to the laboratory method used to create a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequence. It involves the artificial construction of a specific sequence of nucleotides as compared to the extraction of naturally occurring DNA. It allows for exact control over the sequence, which enables researchers to create genes without any unwanted mutations. It is commonly used to study gene function, produce proteins, or engineer organisms with new capabilities.
Global Gene Synthesis Market Trends:
The increasing preference for personalized medicines and new generation drugs and formulations on account of the surging prevalence of chronic and lifestyle disorders, such as cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s, represents one of the major factors driving the need for gene synthesis around the world. Moreover, the rising geriatric population, which is susceptible to such ailments, is augmenting the market growth. In addition, the growing number of clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies and extensive improvements in medical infrastructure and diagnostic technologies are influencing the market positively. Apart from this, gene synthesis finds application in the agricultural sector to enable the development of crops with desired traits like drought resistance or enhanced nutritional value. This, coupled with the increasing farming activities and rising adoption of organic farming practices, is strengthening the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 4.82 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 17.10% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the method, the market has been segmented into solid-phase synthesis, chip-based synthesis, and PCR-based enzyme synthesis. Presently, solid-phase synthesis holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the services, the market has been segregated into antibody DNA synthesis, viral DNA synthesis, and others. Antibody DNA synthesis currently accounts for the biggest share in the market.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into gene and cell therapy development, vaccine development, disease diagnosis, and others. Presently, gene and cell therapy development exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been divided into biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, academic and government research institutes, and contract research organizations. At present, academic and government research institutes dominate the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ATUM, Boster Biological Technology, Eurofins Genomics, Genewiz Inc. (Azenta Life Sciences), Genscript Biotech Corp., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, OriGene Technologies Inc., ProMab Biotechnologies Inc., ProteoGenix Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Twist Bioscience.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Solid-Phase Synthesis, Chip-Based Synthesis, PCR-Based Enzyme Synthesis
||Antibody DNA Synthesis, Viral DNA Synthesis, Others
||Gene and Cell Therapy Development, Vaccine Development, Disease Diagnosis, Others
|End Uses Covered
||Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies, Academic and Government Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ATUM, Boster Biological Technology, Eurofins Genomics, Genewiz Inc. (Azenta Life Sciences), Genscript Biotech Corp., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, OriGene Technologies Inc., ProMab Biotechnologies Inc., ProteoGenix Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Twist Bioscience, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800