According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Glider Aircraft Market Report by Type (Sailplane, Hang Glider), Propulsion (Powered, Non-powered), Application (Commercial, Military, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global glider aircraft market size reached US$ 3,520 Million in 2022. A glider aircraft, often referred to as a glider, is a type of aircraft designed to fly without the use of an engine. It is engineered to achieve sustained flight by exploiting the atmospheric currents and thermal updrafts. There are various types of gliders, including sailplanes, hang gliders, and paragliders, each differing in design, utility, and maneuverability. Sailplanes, for instance, are characterized by their sleek appearance and long wings, optimized for extended flight durations. Gliders offer several advantages over traditional aircraft. They operate silently, have fewer mechanical complexities due to the absence of engines, and present an eco-friendly alternative to powered flight. Additionally, flying a glider is often considered a pure form of aviation, allowing pilots to harness the natural forces of the atmosphere to stay aloft.
Global Glider Aircraft Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing interest in recreational aviation activities. Gliding has become a popular sport, and many enthusiasts are attracted to its sheer thrill and serenity. Additionally, the lower operational and maintenance costs associated with gliders, compared to engine-powered aircraft, have been a notable factor in promoting their adoption. Along with this, the use of gliders for training purposes has been on the rise, as they provide an ideal platform for budding pilots to hone their skills in flight mechanics and aircraft handling. Concurrently, the escalating shift towards sustainable and green aviation solutions is influencing interest in gliders, given their minimal environmental footprint. Apart from this, advancements in glider design, emphasizing enhanced aerodynamics and the integration of lightweight materials, are catering to performance and efficiency demands. Furthermore, the emergence of electric-powered gliders with minimal emissions showcases a trend blending sustainability with modern innovation, creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 6,344 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 10.40% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into sailplane and hang gliders. At present, sailplane represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the propulsion, the market has been divided into powered and non-powered. Currently, non-powered accounts for the largest market share.
- Based on the application the market has been segregated into commercial, military, and others. Presently, the military represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. At present, Europe holds the largest market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include AirBorne Australia, Albatross Flying Systems (opc) Private Limited, Alexander Schleicher GmbH, AMS - FLIGHT, d.o.o., Bautek Fluggeräte GmbH, DG Aviation GmbH, HPH Spol S R.O., Lange Aviation GmbH, Moyes Delta Gliders, North Wing, Pipistrel d.o.o. (Textron Inc.), Schempp-Hirth Flugzeug-Vertriebs GmbH, and Wills Wing Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Sailplane, Hang Glider
||Commercial, Military, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AirBorne Australia, Albatross Flying Systems (opc) Private Limited, Alexander Schleicher GmbH, AMS - FLIGHT, d.o.o., Bautek Fluggeräte GmbH, DG Aviation GmbH, HPH Spol S R.O., Lange Aviation GmbH, Moyes Delta Gliders, North Wing, Pipistrel d.o.o. (Textron Inc.), Schempp-Hirth Flugzeug-Vertriebs GmbH, Wills Wing Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800