The global glider aircraft market size reached US$ 3,520 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6,344 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.40% during 2023-2028. The rising product demand from the military sector, the surging popularity of gliding as a recreational sport, and the growing demand for sustainable aviation options represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A glider aircraft, also known as a sailplane, refers to an aircraft that does not have an engine and relies solely on the power of air currents to stay aloft. They have long, slender wings and are made of lightweight materials, including fiberglass, carbon fiber, or aluminum, to minimize their weight and increase their glide ratio and a streamlined fuselage to reduce drag and increase their efficiency. A glider aircraft can fly for extended periods, cover long distances, and offer a unique and exhilarating way to experience flight and explore the natural world. As a result, they are widely used for recreational flying, competitive gliding, and scientific research purposes.
Glider Aircraft Market Trends:
The increasing demand for glider aircraft in the military sector for surveillance and reconnaissance purposes represents one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the rise in popularity of gliding as an adrenaline sports and leisure activity worldwide, along with the inflating purchasing power among the middle-class population, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Concurrent with this, the emerging trends of competitive gliding and the expanding establishment of gliding clubs and organizations are aiding in market expansion. Moreover, extensive investment by glider aircraft manufacturers in high-performance electric glider aircraft and the bolstering growth of the travel and tourism industry are creating a favorable outlook for the market. In addition to this, the growing need to reduce carbon emissions and the shifting use of sustainable aviation options, including gliders, due to escalating consumer concerns regarding climate change and sustainability are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, the advent of electric and hybrid gliders, product innovation, and improvements in terms of design, materials, and manufacturing processes resulting in the development of more efficient, reliable, and capable variants are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as significant advancements in safety technology, including emergency rescue systems and glider tracking systems, the surge in demand for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and the expanding adoption of glider aircraft for scientific research, are positively impacting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global glider aircraft market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, propulsion, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the glider aircraft market based on the type. This includes sailplane and hang gliders. According to the report, sailplane represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the glider aircraft market based on propulsion has also been provided in the report. This includes powered and non-powered. According to the report, non-powered accounted for the largest market share.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the glider aircraft market based on the application. This includes commercial, military, and others. According to the report, military represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for glider aircraft. Some of the factors driving the Europe glider aircraft market included the rising popularity of gliding as an outdoor sports activity, the growing demand for sustainable eco-friendly aviation options, and ongoing product innovations and advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global glider aircraft market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AirBorne Australia, Albatross Flying Systems (opc) Private Limited, Alexander Schleicher GmbH, AMS - FLIGHT, d.o.o., Bautek Fluggeräte GmbH, DG Aviation GmbH, HPH Spol S R.O., Lange Aviation GmbH, Moyes Delta Gliders, North Wing, Pipistrel d.o.o. (Textron Inc.), Schempp-Hirth Flugzeug-Vertriebs GmbH, Wills Wing Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Sailplane, Hang Glider
||Commercial, Military, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AirBorne Australia, Albatross Flying Systems (opc) Private Limited, Alexander Schleicher GmbH, AMS - FLIGHT, d.o.o., Bautek Fluggeräte GmbH, DG Aviation GmbH, HPH Spol S R.O., Lange Aviation GmbH, Moyes Delta Gliders, North Wing, Pipistrel d.o.o. (Textron Inc.), Schempp-Hirth Flugzeug-Vertriebs GmbH, Wills Wing Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global glider aircraft market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global glider aircraft market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global glider aircraft market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive glider aircraft market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the glider aircraft market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on propulsion?
- Which is the most attractive propulsion in the glider aircraft market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the glider aircraft market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global glider aircraft market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global glider aircraft market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the glider aircraft market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global glider aircraft market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the glider aircraft industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.