According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Guar Gum Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global guar gum powder market reached a value of US$
18.4 Billion in 2021. Guar gum refers to a gel-forming soluble fiber that is produced by grinding the endosperm of the Cyamopsis tetragonolobus. This leguminous plant is widely cultivated in India and Pakistan, where it has been used for food applications over several years. Guar gum powder is free-flowing and characterized by fine texture and yellowish-white color with a slight odor. Highly soluble in cold and hot water, it has excellent thickening ability. It is used as a stabilizer, hydrocolloid, flocculant, gelling agent, bonding agent, natural emulsifier and fracturing agent for numerous applications. As a result, it forms an essential component across multiple industries, such as food, paper, textile, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and oil and gas sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Guar Gum Powder Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing utilization of guar gum powder in the food industry. It is used to yield softness and enhance the moisture retention property of bakery products, as well as to improve the texture and structure of curries and similar food items. They are also used to avoid the formation of ice crystals in frozen food products. Significant growth in the sector, supported by shifting dietary preferences and inflating disposable income levels of the masses, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Apart from this, guar gum powder is extensively used in the pharmaceutical industry as a binder for tablets and capsules, and as a disintegrating agent. It is also utilized as a thickener in the cosmetics and personal care sector for manufacturing creams, soaps, shampoos, lotions and conditioners. Furthermore, this powder is widely used in hydraulic fracturing and petroleum extraction due to its superior gelling, thickening and lubrication properties. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global guar gum powder market to exhibit a CAGR of
7.8% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the grade, the market has been divided into the food, industrial and pharmaceutical segments.
- On the basis of functions, the market has been classified into thickening, gelling, binding, friction reducing and other functions.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been categorized into oil drilling, food, paper and textile, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and others. At present, the oil drilling sector accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into the United States, Germany, India and others, wherein the United States holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal