According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Head-Up Display Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global head-up display market reached a value of US$ 1.1 Billion in 2021. Head-up display (HUD) refers to a transparent display that is widely equipped in automobiles. It is an electronically operated system mounted within the vehicle’s dashboard that is usually designed to project information in the line-of-sight (LoS) of the driver. It comprises a video generation computer, and combiner and projector unit that aids in providing real-time information using data and visual elements. It assists the driver in conveniently accessing information related to speed, navigation indicators and warning signals. As a result, it is extensively used in commercial and passenger vehicles to offer comfort, safety and entertainment to the users.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Head-Up Display Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the automotive sector. Along with this, various technological advancements across the industry are creating a positive outlook for the market. Also, the rising integration of augmented reality (AR) and micro-display imaging technologies with the product is gaining prominence among end users. Furthermore, the increasing incidences of road accidents are compelling leading players to heavily invest in the deployment of HUD systems in mid-range car models, which is expected to favorably impact the market growth. Additionally, the widespread utilization of HUD systems in aircraft for projecting flight instrument data is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the increasing popularity of premium and luxury vehicles, coupled with the inflating disposable incomes levels of the masses, is positively influencing the market growth across the globe. Other factors, including continuous product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.51 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 20.80% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into windshield, combiner glass and collision warning only HUDs.
- The market has been bifurcated into conventional and augmented reality-based HUDs.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been segregated into CRT-based and digital HUDs (optical waveguide HUD, digital micromirror device (DMD) HUD, light-emitting diode (LED) HUD and others).
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into aviation and automotive.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and the Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the key players include BAE Systems, Continental, Denso, Garmin, Microvison, Nippon Seiki, Panasonic Automotive Systems, Robert Bosch, Thales Group and Visteon.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal