The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Hernia Repair Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global hernia repair market size reached US$ 5.5 Billion in 2022. A hernia is a medical condition in which an organ passes through a weak place in the surrounding connective tissue or muscle wall. It is caused by excessive pressure on the abdomen occurred due to lifting heavy objects, persistent coughing or sneezing, obesity, lack of nutrition, or smoking. However, it can be treated using various non-surgical and surgical methods such as laparoscopic and open repair procedures. These surgical procedures include making an incision on the skin and pushing the hernia back into its place, tying it off, or removing it. Some of the most common devices used in hernia repair surgery are fixation devices, consumables, and prosthetics.
Global Hernia Repair Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of hernia and other abdomen-related disorders. In addition, the rising awareness among patients regarding the available treatment alternatives for hernia, including minimally invasive (MI) hernia repair devices, represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, key players are introducing biologic allograft mesh, which aids in minimizing post-surgery pain and offers a faster recovery rate. They are also developing articulating fixation devices and self-fixating meshes to overcome the problems that occur during laparoscopic procedures. These devices offer surgeons better access to weak spots within the abdominal wall and securely place the mesh in the body. This, coupled with the rising geriatric population that is more susceptible to such ailments, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of robotics in surgical procedures, the increasing demand for advanced meshes, and the developing healthcare infrastructure in various countries are some of the other factors propelling the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.27% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into hernia mesh (synthetic, biological material, and other meshes) and hernia fixation devices (sutures, absorbable and non-absorbable tack fixation devices, glue applicators, endoscopy equipment, and others).
- On the basis of the surgery type, the market has been segmented into open-tension repair, tension-free repair, and laparoscopic surgeries.
- Based on the hernia type, the market has been classified into inguinal, ventral, femoral, umbilical, hiatal, and other hernias.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into ambulatory surgery centers, hospitals and clinics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft, Baxter International Inc., BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Cook Medical Inc., CooperSurgical Inc., Ethicon Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Herniamesh S.r.l., Lifecell Corporation (Allergan Plc), Maquet (Getinge), Medtronic Inc., Olympus Corporation, Via Surgical Ltd., and W. L. Gore & Associates Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Surgery Type, Hernia Type, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft, Baxter International Inc., BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Cook Medical Inc., CooperSurgical Inc., Ethicon Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Herniamesh S.r.l., Lifecell Corporation (Allergan Plc), Maquet (Getinge), Medtronic Inc., Olympus Corporation, Via Surgical Ltd. and W. L. Gore & Associates Inc
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800