According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "High Content Screening Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global high content screening market size reached US$ 1.1 Billion in 2021. High content screening (HCS) refers to an advanced approach of cell-based screening in drug discovery and systems biology that utilizes visualization tools to gather quantitative data from cell populations. It involves the usage of quantitative data analysis and automated imaging in a high-throughput format. Also known as high content analysis, it employs multicolor fluorescence imaging to analyze several biochemical and physical characteristics of the sample cells. As a result, this analytical method of automated microscopy assists in complex multivariate drug profiling and toxicity studies.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global High Content Screening Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing incidences of chronic neurodegenerative diseases, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. This has led to the growing need for affordable and effective drug discovery systems on the global level, which is providing an impetus to the market growth. HCS is widely preferred by professionals as this method of microscopy aids in analyzing the potential toxicity of chemicals and complex substances in a resource-efficient manner. The market is further driven by continual developments in informatics solutions and imaging instruments. Moreover, numerous key players are also introducing innovative HCS equipment in the market that are equipped with software platforms and artificial intelligence (AI) systems in an attempt to improve the visualization capabilities of the systems. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the growing geriatric population, the advent of automated systems for analyzing cell separation and scalability, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by major players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into instruments (cell imaging and analysis systems and flow cytometers), consumables (reagents and assay kits, microplates, and other consumables), software, services and accessories.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into target identification and validation, primary screening and secondary screening, toxicity studies, compound profiling, and other applications.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic and government institutes, and contract research organizations (CROS).
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Biotek Instruments Inc., Danaher Corporation, GE Healthcare, Merck Millipore, Perkinelmer Inc., Tecan Group Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Yokogawa Electric Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal