According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Humectants Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global humectants market reached a value of US$ 26.7 Billion in 2022. Humectants are moisturizing agents that consist of hygroscopic ingredients of hydrophilic groups, such as hydroxyl groups, amines and carboxyl groups, and esters. Humectants draw water molecules out of their environment that help rehydrate the surface of the skin. In addition, humectants encourage the shedding of dead cells by breaking down the proteins that keep them together. As a result, they make the skin appear and feel soft, supple, hydrated and less flaky. They also control moisture changes caused by humidity fluctuations during the processing, transit and storage of various products.
Global Humectants Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by increasing application of humectants in various industries. For instance, humectants are widely utilized in soaps, shampoos, and conditioners as they assist in moisturization, exfoliation, solvency to dissolve actives and improve the stability of oil in water emulsions. On the other hand, they are used in drug development to regulate the water content in pharmaceutical products. Besides this, humectants are extensively used in water-soluble paints as they help in enhancing stability, maintaining texture, reducing microbial activity and prolonging the shelf life of products. Furthermore, the rising spending capacity of individuals and the consumption of bakery and confectionery products on account of rapid urbanization are also fueling the market growth. Moreover, key manufacturers are developing effective humectants for resin-free pigment concentrates that do not produce volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and provide low influence on paste properties, thereby positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the source, the market has been segmented into synthetic and natural sources.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been classified into sugar alcohol, alpha hydroxy acid and polysaccharides, glycols, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into food and beverages, oral and personal care, pharmaceuticals, animal feed, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Archer Daniels Midland Company, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., Barentz International BV, BASF SE, Brenntag SE, Cargill Incorporated, Corbion N.V., DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company LLC, Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Frères, The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), and Vantage Specialty Chemicals Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Source, Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Archer Daniels Midland Company, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., Barentz, BASF SE, Brenntag SE, Cargill Incorporated, Corbion N.V., DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company LLC, Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Frères, The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.) and Vantage Specialty Chemicals Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal