According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Huntington's Disease Treatment Market by Type (Symptomatic Treatment, Disease-modifying Therapies), Drug Type (Approved Drugs, Off-label Drugs), Age (Below 50 Years, Above 50 Years), Distribution Channel (Drug Stores and Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global Huntington's disease treatment market size reached US$ 407.71 Million in 2022. Huntington's disease is a hereditary, neurodegenerative disorder that affects the nerve cells of the brain and leads to a decline in motor control, cognition, and emotional stability. It is caused by a mutation in the HTT gene, which leads to the production of a huntingtin faulty protein that accumulates in the brain and causes damage to nerve cells over time. It can be treated by prescribed medications that help control movement-related symptoms, such as chorea and rigidity. Moreover, researchers are seeking to understand its mechanisms better and develop more effective therapeutic interventions.
Global Huntington's Disease Treatment Market Trends:
The surging prevalence of genetic disorders represents one of the major factors driving the demand for Huntington's disease treatment around the world. Moreover, the rising awareness about the disease among both medical professionals and people is augmenting the market growth. In addition, the growing improvements in diagnostic techniques that allow for earlier detection and intervention, which emphasizes the need for effective treatments are influencing the market positively. Furthermore, the increasing elderly population, which is more prone to develop neurodegenerative disorders, is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, growth in the healthcare infrastructure, rising number of clinical trials, and the growing preferences for personalized medicines are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 1,280.31 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 20.46% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, symptomatic treatment currently dominates the market, followed by disease-modifying therapies.
- On the basis of the drug type, approved drugs (Tetrabenazine and Deutetrabenazine) represent the largest segment, followed by the off-label drugs.
- Based on the age, the below 50 years segment holds the largest market share, followed by above 50 years.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into drug stores and retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and online pharmacies. At present, drug stores and retail pharmacies account for the largest market share.
- Based on the end users, the market has been classified into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AOP Health, Apotex Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., H. Lundbeck A/S, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Lupin Limited, Prilenia Therapeutics, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Vaccinex Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Symptomatic Treatment, Disease-modifying Therapies
|Drug Types Covered
||• Approved Drugs: Tetrabenazine, Deutetrabenazine
• Off-label Drugs
||Below 50 Years, Above 50 Years
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Drug Stores and Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AOP Health, Apotex Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., H. Lundbeck A/S, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Lupin Limited, Prilenia Therapeutics, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Vaccinex Inc. etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800