According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Influenza Vaccine Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global influenza vaccine market reached a value of US$ 5.9 Billion in 2021. Influenza is a respiratory infection that is generally caused by Orthomyxoviridae viruses, which affect the throat, lungs and nose. Its symptoms include chills, fever, weakness, muscle pain and soreness in the head and abdomen. The changing character of the influenza virus is encouraging continual innovations in the vaccine strain in order to prevent the infection. Some of the commonly utilized influenza vaccines include Flucelvax Quadrivalent, Flublok Quadrivalent, Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent, Fluad Quadrivalent and FluMist Quadrivalent. These vaccines are widely available across the globe in different forms that vary on the basis of their route of administration and patient’s age and health.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Influenza Vaccine Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of influenza among the masses. This can be attributed to the seasonal outbreaks of influenza viruses and the increasing number of individuals suffering from chronic lung diseases. Along with this, numerous initiatives undertaken by the governments of several countries to monitor the distribution, supply and administration of flu vaccines are providing a boost to the market growth. In addition to this, the growing investments by private and public agencies in extensive research and development (R&D) activities to launch therapeutically effective influenza vaccines are impacting the market favorably. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the vaccine production process are acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including continual spending on the development of healthcare infrastructure, the rising awareness among the masses, the development of medical facilities across rural and geographical extended locations, easy accessibility to influenza vaccines through immunization programs and camps, and the increasing geriatric population, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 9.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.9% during 2022-2027.????
- On the basis of vaccine type, the market has been segmented into quadrivalent and trivalent.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into egg- and cell-based.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been categorized into pediatric and adult.
- Based on the route of administration, the market has been classified into injection and nasal spray.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.???
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.?Some of the key players are Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca plc, CSL Limited, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, Emergent BioSolutions Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Gamma Vaccines Pty Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi and SINOVAC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800